or Connect

Posts by Joseph K. Bank

While I am sure that some members will give me a hard time about this I wanted to take the opportunity to explain my sensitivity over this issue to those who are sincerely interested. I was actually on what could be considered the opposite side of this situation many years ago. When I was a senior in high school I worked at a local T.G.I Fridays as a waiter. This was back when they were running a special on their Nachos plate for only 2.99. A lot of my peers would come...
Quote: Originally Posted by letmebefell Why? I feel that it looks more professional when the suit jacket doesn't show more than 13" of my tie.
I have thought about attaching a cloth covered rubber band to a dark color button which could be used when sitting to keep the jacket closed. I would loop the other end of the band around the attached button.
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman No, cf. Julia Child. Thread pwned. She was a very nice lady but sometimes I found it hard to understand her accent.
I don't understand why someone there by the name of Jusey won't allow me to be a member of the forum any longer.
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday After that, I believe some former assistants came forward with similar allegations. I think he settled out of court. It's a shame that a person who introduced so many to such delicacies as Philadelphia style rice pudding would turn out to be like that.
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday Yes, though he, of course, denied the allegations. He was an ordained Methodist minister, IIRC. From what I've read, his last few years were rather sad. I remember watching his show at my grandmother's house when I was little. I liked it, and have since picked up a couple of his cookbooks for a quarter or 50 cents in various book sales. I like Alton Brown too, but it's an entirely different type of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Musselma Not really sure what the point of this thread is aside from pointing out that you were home alone alot, but I enjoy watching Alton Brown's "Good Eats" for some reason, and would argue that it's probably better than anything you were watching on PBS 20 years ago If you haven't seen The Frugal Gourmet or Yan Can Cook how can you compare them to Alton Brown? I also feel that Jeff Smith and Mr. Yan dressed...
Does anyone remember the Frugal Gourmet (Jeff Smith) and Yan Can Cook on PBS? They introduced me to fine cooking while I did my homework after school and being a key latch kid I often used some of their recipes on the nights I was left to prepare my own dinners. In my opinion they were a lot more interesting to watch than Paula Dean and Alton Brown who are very popular chefs on the Food Network.
I have found on occasion that people are impolite or will sometimes try to take advantage of my politeness; which I never perceived as being overly polite until I saw a pattern in other's behavior in what I feel is a response to my own. Sometimes at bars I get the sense that bartenders ignore me when I say "excuse me", "please" or "thank you" and leave me waiting there to order my beer or pay much longer than those around me who use a harsher tone.