or Connect

Posts by filterq

Agree, the Suit and coat both look great. I have a couple Soho cut suits from this season as well (the navy and charcoal from the site) and both are fairly heavier weights as well. The Navy pinstripe is cotton and a little bit lighter weight. I love both of them and am now contemplating getting that DB coat as well.
I agree it looks a little tight. It may be the way you're standing. It's hard to tell with just one photo. I don't know if having a long would help though. If it's too tight in one lenth, it is usally in another (unless it's due to where the buttoning point is). Overall the length looks good though since the sleeves sit where they are supposed to and the jacket is meant to be that short. May just want to have it let out a little.
So much is in how you wear things. Whatever you are putting on that has a bit of flair: if you own it, you will look powerful, if you are trying to pull it off, you look weak and like a poser. Wear what you love, love wearing it, and people will love it ion you (unless you look like Krusty the Clown).
Still there, they just changed the photo:http://us.suitsupply.com/suit-grey-herringbone-washington-p2509iw/P2509IW,en_US,pd.html?start=12&cgid=Suits
They guy on their explanation of what a "Soho" suit is on the site is wearing a navy suit. You should just contact them and see if there is one available. If there is I can't see them not wanting to sell you something.
It's tough to tell with only one photo. The wearer would be best able to tell. If you like it is most important. I think it would look fine once shortened, but you have to be confident wearing it.
Just remembered I saw this on park and bond.http://www.parkandbond.com/product/152096976
I think the lapels look fine IMO. The jacket seems a tad long. Have you tried the same jacket in a short (or R if your in an L). It may suit you better.
I don't remember seeing a plain Navy, thought it seems odd they wouldn't offer that since I think a navy suit is the most common thing people buy. I got the Navy pin-stripe in the Pima Cotton and it's very nice. It doesn't crease like cotton suits you'd be used to seeing in the summer. I also got a charcoal pinstripe in a flannel wool. I haven't seen that on the site however.
The peak lapels are actually wider on the Washington Half than the Washington. I find the "Half" ones a bit too wide.I don't think the fit will be quite as slim as Dior. I believe the Dior is an 8 inch drop. You can always have it taken in or get MTM if you go to the store and you really need it. You might also be able to do a cut like the Napoli in a lower size and see how that fits. I find most 8 inch drops are basically cut like a regular suit that is a size down...