or Connect

Posts by AllenEdmondsCEO

Sorry to disappoint. Please go back to my original post that Mike imbedded in the Starting Post on the MTO Thread. It was about sole changes and different leathers.We've greatly expanded both leathers and soles in our regular price offerings, and will continue to add to them with our new chili and oxblood colors coming out these next few months, as well as adding some styles and colors to our "online only" offerings (our back room inventory constraints keep us from going...
Thanks! Look forward to the fall line-up, especially the offering for Rediscover America in early October. I think you'll be pleased. Let me know, though.Best wishes,Paul
Guys -- Actually, the picture here is of a completely different leather, tanned by Horween. The brush-off leathers that produced the large yellow patches in the midst of dark brown finishing are out of our warehouse. This Horween leather is a cowhide with great pull-up. Give it a chance.Best,Paul
Good Morning, SF Friends-- Thanks for all of your support and business. As you mentioned above, I should have come to StyleForum right away about the MTO program. My post last night on AAAC was the last action of the workday and I was an hour late getting home on a Friday with evening plans. Candidly, just before I left the office, Andy Gilchrist emailed me to let me know about the Thread on his site and I stayed to reply. For those of you who haven't seen what I...
Men -- I thought I'd join your thread. Below is a link to an article in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, it's has good and broader information for you, and the reporter quoted me accurately. We will indeed maintain -- even continue to improve toward the endless pursuit of perfection -- our quality.Best wishes,Paulhttp://www.jsonline.com/business/mens-wearhouse-reported-bidding-for-allen-edmonds-b99126284z1-228843321.html
Tough crowd!It's a long story for this late. A summary: a little lift in back is fine, even good . Too much is hard on your foot under the arch. Flat appeals more on the shelf.Best wiahes,Paul
Hello again, Pastor --No surprise to anyone -- I do have both. The Patriot is snugger across the vamp at the penny strap line. There's more room right there in the Randolphs. The toe of the Patirot is broader and has more room for a broad foot at the toes. The Randolph tapers more, so you may need a longer size, depending on your foot shape.Those Townleys will fit like the Randolph, though -- so, if they fit well, that's a good size for you. Sorry about the stitiching...
Not so. I write my own stuff in these fora. Maybe I need to work on my composition skills, though... (How depressing. I thought I had learned a few things about both business and writing, let alone something about shoes, since college in the late 1970s.)
MN - This is a great question. Feet differ significantly in shape and form. You want your shoes to fit you well from heel to the ball of your foot. The ball of the foot is the key spot. If your shoe's widest point towards the front is closer to your heel than the ball of your foot is, the shoe will probably cut across your little toe and cause you pain and problems. If your toes are short relative to average foot measurements and the length of your instep to the ball,...
Salve Septimus Serevus -The DR work conditions are excellent, as good as in Wisconsin only with a lot better weather right now and a fantastic company softball team. Our head of quality there and our plant manager are both American citizens, and our production manager and head of administration there are unbelievably good and very experienced. The latter two started the operation from scratch for us. There's an active leather goods manufacturing community there (we're in...