or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

The allure of bespoke is not just the pattern. In fact, most patterns are merely reference points. The true value of bespoke is that you get in-real-life advice and counseling from the cutter and tailor who will physically be making your garment. You also benefit from an iterative process in which tweaks can be made during the course of construction and finishing. When it comes to "true bespoke," you're paying far more for experience, judgement and a trained eye than you...
Recently pulled the trigger on a Battenwear anorak... only for the USPS to promptly lose it. And it's now sold out in my size... So instead I recovered and bought a pair of Oliver Peoples Sheldrakes to replace the Shurons I sacrificed to Poseidon last weekend. I suppose things have a way of working out.
The first blowjob a girl gives is bespoke. The rest are merely MTM.
Not sure I would agree with that at all. In fact, privileged WASPs pride themselves on ostentatious, tongue-in-cheek displays (see below).I have only one pair of alligator shoes that I wear sparingly in spring/summer. However, as a younger guy, I'd never wear them to a work-related function or any situation in which ostentation is less-than-acceptable (i.e. anywhere I need to stay sober).
I have a high propensity to gain and lose weight (I've seen 5lb+ swings in 24-48 hours). It's for this reason that I haven't spent a ton of time and energy pursuing "high grade" bespoke. There's no chance of ever seeing "the perfect fit" for anyone, but the idea is even more futile in my case. Accordingly, I buy custom stuff to more suit my aesthetic tastes than my physical ambitions. At a certain point I had to realize I'd go mad (and broke) if I was constantly chasing...
Thanks for the kind words. Even if they aren't necessarily directed towards me, this is a thread about taste, so I'll take the points.In the event she turns out to be my sister, I'm going to need recommendations on a good tailor in Alabama.
The color of the tie looks a bit too saturated here. It's deeper IRL so it stood out more against the pants, which are a true sand color. I was quite pleased with how it looked (which is why I posted it), but I also realize that it goes against the grain somewhat.
Not the usual whnay. format, but... Fresco/end-on-end/wool-silk-linen/cotton-linen/crocodile And before anyone can comment on the "neat tie with a SC," know that it is wool/silk/linen, so it usually looks off when worn with a CBD suit.
We just discussed the details of the fit and design as well as the availability of the cut. Greg is one of the few retailers that will be carrying the Lorenzo this season, and (as I understand it) the only retailer with more than a one-off stock. So while NMWA will have a lot of eye candy, you need to pounce if you like the silhouette and detailing. Ain't much mo' out there.
After speaking with Antonio, I'm pretty excited to see what fabrics are offered in the Lorenzo cut. Any idea when the Eidos will drop, Greg?