or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

That's it! Andrew! Should have known you'd have the answer. Just did a cursory search and the thread (Neo Nouveau: Luxury Leather Goods by Andrew Diba - Official Affiliate Thread) has indeed been deleted.Thanks a ton, D. You wouldn't happen to know anything about the products would you? I remember the thread having very positive reviews...
I feel like I remember something Canadian too. It's seriously strange to me that a thread was seemingly deleted and a member expunged. I know the guy was a regular poster before he threw up the thread.That said I don't think this is him, unfortunately. His bifolds were in the $350 neighborhood IIRC.
Not the same guy but I appreciate the effort!
That's good to know. But somehow it's not listed in there. Damndest thing. I wonder if he pissed off the mods or something? His stuff was really nice and I subbed because I could never remember the name...
An insanely vague and unhelpful question: There was a member here a year ago or two who started their own leather goods outfit. They were an affiliate for a while but I can't seem to find the company anywhere on SF (or even in my post history). If it helps he had a website where you could customize your wallet preferences/options. He was also making leather bags. Anyone have any ideas? I'm eyeing a wallet project and remember really liking his stuff. Thanks for any help...
I'm 99% sure that B Nelson is who they use, given the details they've provided. Both shoes are already double sole, so I'll likely stay the course. Thanks for the input.
Does anyone have experience with resoling a previously leather-soled shoe with Vibram or Dainite soles? I have a pair of suede loafers and a pair of chukkas that are in need of a resole. However, since I wear both through crappy winter weather, I was hoping to get them resoled with Dainite soles. I do all my shoe repair through Sid Mashburn (who in turn ships them to NYC) and the Smashburn dudes have all said "sure" when I asked, but none of them have any experience in...
Incredible. He's so nonchalant about their rarity/condition as well. I'd kill for a blue-faced Mark XII or Breitling 765 AVI...
I have a family friend who recently had a massive live-edge conference table commissioned. I was super excited for him until I saw it. The wood itself was absolutely gorgeous but the finishing in the construction was brutal, and that's coming from someone who neither knows a lot nor cares often. I'm talking exposed nails, glue, etc. A real shame. I didn't mention any of that to my friend, since he was totally in love with it from top-to-bottom, but it echoes the idea that...
@ajustrun founded the site. Another (non-banned) member is their head of marketing.Here's the article on the (potential) fallout between SF and Grailed. Never thought too much of it until I realized you can't link to the site...