or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

Does anyone know of a place selling tubo suede O-ring belts? I'm looking for a casual option that can fill the void between a gator strap and my usual La Matera/Smathers & Brason weekend wear (please withhold judgement). I've been able to find some O-rings in suede (most recently here), but none that are tubos. None of the stitched options I've found look that elegant.
Got that impression, somewhat. Not actually getting that one, just though it might meet TP's criteria. Matthew is bringing a bunch of warm weather books so I'm sure I'll have a wide breadth. Thanks for the insight.
@TweedyProf I'm likely having a silk/linen/wool number made up in October when I meet with Steed. Matthew has suggested Portofino by Huddersfield which has a blue bamboo number that might fit the bill. You can see it here: https://shop.hfwltd.com/collection/34 Product: 107244 (last one in the right column).
Just did a thread search and didn't find anything super recent -- Bought a pair of SL-100Xs last week and only have like 5 wears into them. They fit great from the thigh down and the waist is great. My only concern is the seat. Can I count on 0.5-1" of stretch? They are certainly wearable now and don't feel all that constricting, but the slimmer seat does result in a considerable amount of pull at the front (not moose knuckle territory, but close -- I'm sure it will result...
If this were a 40-42 it would be instakopped. Great jacket.
Haha your imagination does not fail you as I am wearing a cotton/linen pair at this very moment. Adding insult to injury, they used to be pants...
As a recovering Chicagoan myself, I can appreciate your bias with this take. However, for those of us not living in Chiberia 10 months out of the year, shorts go from acceptable to necessary. And that goes double for those of us who needn't wear ties on the reg.
Shorts are actually good and not bad.
In terms of "fashion" I think they are interchangeable. However, when it comes to leathers, I've always found oxblood has more of a dark brown or black undertone with red intermingled (rather than a red base in burgundy shoes). It gives the leather a deeper, almost uniformly red-burnished appearance and makes the shoes appear dark brown or black in low light. I have a pair of old bit loafers with "oxblood" leather and they wear somewhere between black, brown and...
Oxblood > burgundy.