or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

Yeah, there seems to be a lot more XC60s out there in warranty than XC70s. Not sure if that should tell me something or not... Either way, from a bang for your buck perspective, I think Volvo is a better play than MB. Need to start digging into research to see what which car offers the best experience. Regardless of model I would need a 2012 or newer with 40k miles or less.
It likely sounds stupid (considering I am looking at multiple station wagons and glorified wagons), but the RX is just too much of a soccer mom mobile to me. I used to date a girl who drove one (newer body style). She was super hot but all she wanted was to get married and have kids ASAP. Since then I haven't been able to shake a bad association out of my head.Again, stupid I know. [[SPOILER]]
Thanks for the input, gents.My cousin has a Q5 and has nothing but good things to say (granted it's a seasonal driver). I've driven it a couple times and liked it, but for some reason never really loved it. But since I have no idea why I feel that way, it may be worth taking another look.The Volvo is another one that I may have to take a closer look at. My fiancee drives an S40, so I'm fairly familiar with them. I've always liked the XC70s.I've done some snooping around...
Just grabbed a pair of Craftsmen in dark tan French calf. Went with rubber soles. Pretty excited to get them. Been in need of a shit-kicker winter boot, hope that these will do the job.
Not necessarily. Those are just the two cars (that meet what I'm looking for) that have caught my eye when I see them on the road. I'll be the first to admit I am a sucker for design/aesthetics. My main criterion is that it's a small SUV/crossover. From there I'm more or less avoiding something that's an eye sore or woefully unremarkable. Fuel economy is the third priority on my list. (I know, this all exposes how out-of-touch I am.)Since I don't drive a TON I don't need...
Looking to buy a new (for me) car in the next few months. As of now (early in the game) I am giving the 2012 GLK 350 and the 2013 Audi Allroad serious looks (looking to stay under $30k). I've done a decent amount of research on the GLK and it seems to be a reliable car with low cost of ownership (as is the case for most imports, I'd be sure to get one in warranty). I've only just begun doing research on the Audi and don't know much. Curious to know if anyone here drives...
You two should settle this like men. Take your shirts off, oil up and wrestle it out. Like good, God-fearing, hetero men. Just no paisley. Shit is gay.
SF has always sucked except for those times when it didn't.
I was pretty surprised to see this as well. Being a younger guy it was no biggie and the (attractive in an alternative sorta way) young lady who helped us (she had a name so distinctive that I forgot it altogether and only remember how funky it was) was very pleasant. I wouldn't, however, look to her (or any of the dudes working there) for advice.In contrast, the Morgenthal Frederics boutique rep was in (at least) his mid-60s and had a ton of entertaining stories. It...
I think this statement is half right. While the aforementioned scenario(s) would certainly be SF-approved, I think Louis got to where it was (at its pinnacle) by anticipating shifts in men's clothing and remaining a fresh player, especially in a somewhat desolate Boston scene.Either way I think we can all agree the identity crisis that has been "This is what my dad would have liked." vs. "This is what I like." just wasn't working. You can't try to maintain the style and...