or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

Not the usual whnay. format, but... Fresco/end-on-end/wool-silk-linen/cotton-linen/crocodile And before anyone can comment on the "neat tie with a SC," know that it is wool/silk/linen, so it usually looks off when worn with a CBD suit.
We just discussed the details of the fit and design as well as the availability of the cut. Greg is one of the few retailers that will be carrying the Lorenzo this season, and (as I understand it) the only retailer with more than a one-off stock. So while NMWA will have a lot of eye candy, you need to pounce if you like the silhouette and detailing. Ain't much mo' out there.
After speaking with Antonio, I'm pretty excited to see what fabrics are offered in the Lorenzo cut. Any idea when the Eidos will drop, Greg?
Yo, Antonio, any progress on retail outlets in Atlanta? Will Bloomingdales be carrying it nationally? Any plans to have stock with Saks or Neimans? Excited to see what Greg has on offer, but really feeling like I need to try some stuff on in person before I can pull the trigger. Specifically the Lorenzo cut. Cheers!
Please don't rag on Antonio O'Connell-Suzuki.
I never really understood the need to create segments or hierarchies for office dress. I've worked in multiple industries and job functions in which my managers, coworkers and I blended a lot of the above segments. Things like casual Fridays, client meetings, pitches, vendor visits, etc. all throw off the consistency. Then when you factor in your position or certain company cultures, everything changes again. While I don't think one's dress directly affects their...
The lenses are pretty effective from what I've seen. Haven't worn these glasses extensively (tags are still on them), but they have worked well the couple of times I tried them on while driving. I just walked outside into the sun with them on and didn't notice any wonky transition between inside and outside. There's also minimal tint to your sight when wearing, as is usually the case with Persol lenses.The lenses themselves are more see-through than the normal green Persol...
I have a pair of Persol 649s (52mm) for sale. Brand new with tag and original case. The color is 972/83, which Persol calls "Striped Beige," though the color looks like more of a sedate, smokey tortoise shell to my eye. Pretty cool color. The lenses are faded green and are photochromatic as well as polarized. Persol has discontinued this color combination in the 649s, but you can see it on the 714s here. These glasses (when you could still get them) retailed for around...
Willis & Geiger Shawl Cardigan Inis Meain Wool/Alpaca Chunky Knit Luciano Barbera Coat Luciano Barbera (Attolini) Cashmere Houndstooth Jacket (Orphan?) Ben Silver (Drake's) Ancient Madder Neat Tie
Well Greg, when you're chiseled from marble like you and me, you can get away with the rounder silhouette of an open jacket. Have to give the other guys a chance, after all.