or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

Looking to buy a new (for me) car in the next few months. As of now (early in the game) I am giving the 2012 GLK 350 and the 2013 Audi Allroad serious looks (looking to stay under $30k). I've done a decent amount of research on the GLK and it seems to be a reliable car with low cost of ownership (as is the case for most imports, I'd be sure to get one in warranty). I've only just begun doing research on the Audi and don't know much. Curious to know if anyone here drives...
You two should settle this like men. Take your shirts off, oil up and wrestle it out. Like good, God-fearing, hetero men. Just no paisley. Shit is gay.
SF has always sucked except for those times when it didn't.
I was pretty surprised to see this as well. Being a younger guy it was no biggie and the (attractive in an alternative sorta way) young lady who helped us (she had a name so distinctive that I forgot it altogether and only remember how funky it was) was very pleasant. I wouldn't, however, look to her (or any of the dudes working there) for advice.In contrast, the Morgenthal Frederics boutique rep was in (at least) his mid-60s and had a ton of entertaining stories. It...
I think this statement is half right. While the aforementioned scenario(s) would certainly be SF-approved, I think Louis got to where it was (at its pinnacle) by anticipating shifts in men's clothing and remaining a fresh player, especially in a somewhat desolate Boston scene.Either way I think we can all agree the identity crisis that has been "This is what my dad would have liked." vs. "This is what I like." just wasn't working. You can't try to maintain the style and...
I think there are still "destination" stores out there, Sid Mashburn likely being at the top of that list. I've spoken to multiple people who, if even near Atlanta, HAVE to make a trip. That's what Louis was for Boston. At the end of the day I think the success of a B&M store is predicated on a consistent vision (whether that be for design, aesthetics, quality, etc.) and a market awareness that can coexist with your vision. Far too often the awareness bit supersedes a...
Not big into patterned scarves. And while I genuinely like Nova Check, the pattern leads to too many assumptions about the wearer (IMO). Can't go wrong with solid navy and charcoal herringbone.
Last I was in there (about a month ago) the palette was decidedly earthy, particularly with the tailored clothing. There was also a very nice distribution of texture and material (read: just as much chalky and rough as smooth and shiny). Still, the stock didn't really bowl me over. I feel like B&M stores offer a great opportunity to inspire customers. Whereas most online outfits are dedicated to individual pieces, you can play off of decor, setting and design to create...
You should make an effort to get to Gdansk. Cool little port city. And (like most of Poland) crazy cheap.Just go in August...
Only in France can you take style inspiration from police officers (the DST, in this case).