or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

Wearing a $40k watch into Hermes is the only way to get a green breast wallet on the first attempt.
Jay Kos Navy Blazer (Castagnia, I believe), 44R -- starting bid of $0.50
It's from a 1986 issue of M Magazine. Full image here.
Thanks for the suggestion. This is my ideal composition for something that would be wearable for most Spring/Summer/Fall without looking too "seasonal." I actually like a number of those windowpanes as well (the rust/baby blue in particular). Now to see if I can get my hands on the book.
I like that hb a lot. Good coloring. This marks my "third sport coat" so-to-speak, so I'm looking for something with a bit of texture and visual interest that is also a bit of a chameleon -- can easily be paired with chinos, denim, mid-grey worsteds, etc. Herringbone seems like the most natural choice to fit that mold, though I'm still not sure whether a black/white, green or brown hb would be most versatile. At any rate, thanks for the suggestion.I'm not really in it for...
Even creepier in context...
Does anyone have any recommendations on good books for "faux tweeds"? Looking for some tweed-like texture but in a lighter (10-12 oz) weight. Ideally in the hunt for a large scale herringbone or PoW for a spring/summer/fall odd jacket.
Thanks for the insight, D. The Merrows look really nice, actually, but even at my measurements (41-42ish) none of those sound like they would fit overly well. My first reaction was, "I wonder if I can get them altered," but I think that iGent knee-jerk is best avoided with waterproof outwear.Not keen on the banded cuffs of the Howell and Albam hasn't released their F/W stuff yet. I'm sure there will be a lot more outerwear trickling down in the next few months. My ideal...
I'd be willing to bet you could dye them. How they would actually end up looking is a whole other matter...