or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

Brood harder!
Likely best to wear it unbuttoned and popped.
Thanks, guys. Some great leads here. I've been a pretty loyal RRL guy but recently have found Low-Straights are too low rise to tuck in shirts and Straight is too wide at the leg opening to wear anything but boots. Will give LVC's spin.
I've always felt the 522s were quite slim through the leg and seat. Certainly a higher rise, but I don't think "loose upper... strong taper" really describes them.That said, if you do know of a jean that is looser through the seat and thigh and sports a decent taper without making the wearer look like a carrot I'm all ears. I have a serious case of hockey ass, meaning that I'm usually stuck with straight legs and dinner plate circumference hems.
The only black loafers I own are black suede Belgian Shoes (Mr. Casuals). I more or less wear them exclusively with black tie... or when I'm super hungover and can't bother to find another pair of shoes for a trip to the grocery.
Pretty obvious the mirror is off-center so you don't have to look yourself in the eye and confront the fact that you fucked up the TP placement.
Thanks, everyone. I'll have a look. And way ahead of you, mimo. All matte everything. Was actually thinking sueded 'gator but I think the watch is too classic to do that. Also may grab a NATO band for weekends.
Thanks, guys. I had heard of the nail polish trick for rings. It seems a bit trickier for watches. And as this is a watch I wear (wore) multiple times a week, I doubt I'd be able to keep up with the applications. Still think leather band is my best bet. Anyone have suggestions on a good maker? Looking for something that will lay flat/be subtle.
Just discovered I have (developed?) a gold allergy. My dad gave me the watch above a couple years ago and now I can no longer wear it without irritation. I was hoping for some suggestions on alternate bands. As of now thinking cognac alligator may be best, but really haven't done any thinking/research on the matter. Thoughts? Suggestions? Makers I should look to? Ideally I don't want to spend a mint but also don't want something that will look bad or cheap. TIA.