or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

He's the proprietor of the Andover Shop and the creator of more awesome quotes than one can count.I will say, however, his "style" is more about his myth than his actual execution. The whole "Fuck you, I've been doing this since before you were born" type of vibe. The quintessential "haberdasher style" (which I think of as inherently contrarian and devised of odds and ends) is often lost on me.
I want to believe this will be the case, but since she is the first "artistic director" of an admittedly conservative firm, it makes me wonder how the vision of someone who has (minimal) shoe design experience will mesh with the expectations of the guy who thought they needed a fresh direction. I'll be the first to admit the speculation is pointless until there is a product out there, but I have seen too many instances of "We need to do something new!" turn into "How did...
He's equal parts pensive and unshaven.
I'm shocked it took half the article to mention Berlutti. For better or for worse, I see this move as an effort to follow in the footsteps of LVMH (a move that is usually not a good thing). Given Hermes' traditionally anti-sellout mentality, it will be interesting to see how things go.
It was as if I'd seen a ghost...
Have you checked T.J.Marx?
Foo, while I'm sure you've done your due diligence, what are the laws on bringing those frames into the US? The shells themselves are grandfathered (and Maison Bonnet has a unique blessing from the French government), but I was under the impression that the CITES-driven laws forbid the importation of anything made from Hawksbill after 1973?
William Holden, 1954 (shot by Mark Shaw). You're really not good at this...
Just when I was thinking SF was my only one true respite from UGA...
Not quite as dramatic as a Nehru collar, and certainly more Anglo-fied, but Sid Mashburn has some band collar shirts on offer this season. Both in standard button-front and popover.