or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

Having an ivory dinner jacket made up. Waffling back and forth on grosgrain facings or not. Worth mentioning this will likely be the jacket I wear to all black tie occasions for the foreseeable future. Thoughts?
The world's largest stockpile of C&J shoes...
I forget this is one of the last bastions of Big Tymers on the fora, so pardon the plebe contribution. Just took delivery of a XC70 AWD. Nice balance between my last car (Tahoe) and the car before that (S60). Needed more car-like MPG and handling while still (somewhat) keeping the space. Plus, I am a mid-20s dude stuck in a mid-50s dude's body -- really filled my need to drive like a dad.
Reading this makes me feel how a_y must feel when he wakes up in the morning and realizes he's still alive.
Ordered shoes from an esoteric Italian brand only to be informed they are complete garbage manufactured in Italchina... the same day I get my shipping notification. And it appears their brand is just as hard to nail down as their return policies...
Every thread is "Things that are pissing you off." when you're a_y.
Barker Black is more or less Barker's foray into a "hand grade" line. However, they seem to have an infatuation with tongue-in-cheek detailing (see: skull and crossbones). And that green suede is horrid. Quality-wise they are quite good. I'd put them on par with C&J for sure (C&J Hand Grade is a bit of a stretch, but not by a ton).It's been a while since I've handled a pair of Barker Blacks, but when they first came out there were a very nice shoe with a bit of...
Decidedly more SWD-leaning, but Unionmade is having an Archive Sale. Up to 95% off. Sniped a Scott and Charters crew neck for $69. Worth a look.
Terrific angle on that picture. "For the man who enjoys wearing dildo-lasted footwear."
True iGents never wear seat belts. Be ready to die for this shit.