or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

Those look great. Who is your tailor, if you don't mind me asking?
I love that shipping isn't even included.
It came out very nicely. The swatch actually had a bit of "white noise," as it was put to me, that had me slightly concerned, but the whole jacket resolved nicely. Certainly something I can wear for business and weekends come Atlanta August (which is exactly what I was after).
Basted fitting with Steed. Cloth is Portofino bamboo. Very pleased with how it made up. From this we'll be narrowing the shoulders a bit, sweeping the quarters slightly and extending the lapel.
Beautiful stuff, SG. I hope you're not looking to move anytime soon. The next owners will either receive an itemized costing list of enhancements with a link to this thread, or find gaping holes scattered throughout the house.
Those things are beautiful.
Cucinelli acquired D'Avenza in 2013 so assuming this suit was made since then it is D'Avenza.
It was an outdoor wedding in late fall, so was looking for something a bit more substantial. I really dug the texture of the flannel, as it made for a subtle, playful difference. But the biggest reason was the color. The cloth was (IMO) the perfect shade of midnight. I would have gone worsted had I found something in the same color.
Perhaps it's time to call Miguel Caballero?
Wedding shot for the iGentry.