or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

I have no direct experience with NSM (which, considering where I'm posting, is quite ridiculous). However, is it not possible to ensure that you have the same cutter-tailor team for your commissions? It may throw off scheduling a bit, but I assume it must be possible, especially if you're willing to travel to Italy. Unless the problem stems from turnover, in which case there is little you can do.
This. To my eye it looks like the rise either needs to be extended or the buttoning-point lowered. Since it's a casual suit I don't think it's that big of a deal, but something I noticed right away.
Nothing creepy about this, unless you're a Hooters waitress. Also, if you think that's bad, you should see his line of golf pants.
+1. This is especially frustrating when you live in an environment that is some combination of hot, humid and hell-hole smoggy 9 months out of the year. I would never be able to justify a heavy tweed rotation, leading me to assume I "run hotter" than forex or whnay.
It's likely impossible to know where the cloth comes from. I was hoping that there was a book out there that touted "wool/flax" that I could have a look at. But if it comes down to taster's choice on how you label what's in the fabric, then it's likely just a usual wool/linen blend.So I guess I'll ask if anyone knows of wool/linen blend puppytooth in an excru and grey. Something like this:
Fair enough. Guess it's back to square one.
This makes a lot more sense to me. And in thinking about it overnight, I know that I have seen tags that read both flax and linen. It seems odd to me that the two would be interchangeable on a composition tag. Plus, to your point, Derek, flax is the precursor to linen.So I guess my question still stands. Worse comes to worst I'll likely go back to the quest for a suitable wool/linen(/silk/cashmere) blend, but I was really intrigued by the idea of a crunchier, lightweight,...
That was my original thought. Although the hand of wool/flax jacket was a little coarser than wool/linen mixes I've encountered in the past. That obviously doesn't mean anything, but had me thinking there may be a difference in the production or something.
Anyone have a good source for wool/flax mixes? Found an awesome PRL ecru and grey puppytooth SC today (a tad small for me, unfortunately). Tag read 50/50 wool/flax. It had a great texture and wore light and crunchy but didn't seem to hold many wrinkles. I'm thinking something similar would make for a great unstructured summer jacket. Also wondering if anyone has any experience with flax. I assume it wears similar to linen, but wasn't sure if there was more to it...
It is. I linked back to the source in the click-through, but not sure which thread it's from. Likely this one...