or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

That scale explains my life.
Jeans and a sport coat rarely look good together. If you think you're doing it right you're probably not. It's funny to see fuddy-duddy dads and wannabe sprezz-gods defend combinations that are naturally at odds with one another.Welcome to the forum.
Something I read that is germane to this threak: "[Ralph] Lauren received a last-minute invitation from [Cary] Grant to go to the racetrack. ‘I told him I had on jeans and a blazer and he said, ‘You can’t wear that.’’ After a quick trip to the store for some proper flannels, the two took off to the track—in Grant’s Buick." Cary is judging you all.
I may actually do this, depending on Friday's weather (and/or Friday's hangover).
I read the last few pages of this thread on my phone and not in one sitting so I may too have missed something. But I read the subtext of some of these posts to mean, "because I don't see bespoke suits posted, they must not be doing well" or "the health of a tailor can be traced to its presence in circles that know clothes." As David pointed out with his initial statement, neither assumption is true.
Like Jew"ish"?
This, 1,000 times over.There seems to be some underlying assumption that the majority of people who buy bespoke (particularly, for the sake of this discussion, on SR) are obsessed with clothes to the point that they would join an online forum to discuss them. In reality that number is very small. After you eliminate the large percentage of patrons who buy bespoke because their father did, buy bespoke because they run in a social circle where that is the norm, buy bespoke...
Solid spring stock. Some really good looking stuff. Been looking to make up a sport coat in a puppytooth fabric similar to your brown houndstooth. Wish it was wool instead of cotton -- would have been hard to pass up. Also dig the blackwatch dinner jacket. @NickPollica is doing some great stuff.
NWOB Alfred Sargent for Sid Mashburn tassel loafers 11D -- Low starting price
This sounds like a winner to me.