or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

As an arbiter of such a blog, I find it only cuts into my masturbation time...
This is at least the third time he's relisted this, so I'd bet he'd take a reasonable offer. I'm super tempted, but with Spring right around the corner I need another pair of boots like I need a hole in the head.
To be fair, when I think "extended shoulder" I think padding. When I think "off the shoulder" I'm more inclined to imagine foo's silhouette. Granted, I think that's splitting hairs, and I'd certainty clarify what I wanted, but if I were to ask for one I'd be upset to receive the other.
I'll save Foo the trouble...
Harrison's Mirage is pretty decent, though I go in and out of liking certain patterns -- most of them are decidedly summery. I'm intrigued to see the Harrison's Icarus book as all the fabrics in there are w/l/s mix, but with higher concentrations of wool, which is right up my alley. Cacciopoli also has a few in their latest book.I'll have to check out LP when I sit down with my tailor.
+1. Living in the South I all but rely on airy fabrics 10 months out of the year. I've made a (likely to be broken) promise to myself that I will use a wool/linen/silk blend for all of my commissions for the foreseeable future. Since I only ever really wear SCs (no Suits) I think it should be alright, but I do struggle to find colors and patterns that are year-round friendly (read: the visual interest without looking too slubby/summery).
I've had issues with linen knitwear losing its shape in the past, so good to know about the IM blend. May have to investigate further.The only linen knitwear I have right now is a 70/30 linen/cashmere crew neck by Luciano Barbera. The cashmere helps the sweater retain its shape a bit better and also adds a nice softness. While I really dig linen as a blend, I usually stay away from things that are 100% linen, save for airy summer shirts.
Harry's of London (apparently) sells a pair for $15k, so Leffot is more or less giving these away...
Never heard of putting silk on canvas, but I assume it would be pretty easy to convert a tie into a DIY D-Ring belt...