or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

I hope your ankle monitor strap is tubo alligator...
Could be tempted, though I'll need to find my passport for a trip OTP.
It's funny everyone keeps coming back to 10oz Fresco. I had planned on staying away from Fresco as I have two suits in the 8oz. Figured I'd change it up and go with Finmeresco; see if Harrison's could match up with Huddersfield. Though I have to say, the lingering insistence that Fresco 10oz is the best workhorse blazer option makes me wonder if I shouldn't just stick with it...
Thanks for the $0.02!Matthew sent some hopsack along with the bunches above. For one reason or another I settled with the list I posted here. I know there are some airy hopsacks out there. Ed had one that I was interested in for a while, in fact. At this point I more or less need to settle on one so Steed can have a forward fitting ready come February. If you have an airy, workhorse hopsack in mind feel free to make recommendations!
As always, thanks for your thoughtful reply, Concordia. I'm after a blazer only at this point. I have a couple Fresco navy suits, so no concern with a voxian Swiss Army-like setup.Frontier was at the end of the pack. I agree it definitely strikes me as a suit cloth. I plan on wearing the blazer for client meetings (and the travel to and from), so conservative is good, but I fear it may resolve as a bit too worsted/orphaned-looking. The Mock Leno, while certainly...
So the boys at Steed were kind enough to send their recommendations along. After some discussion it was determined that 10oz was likely a little light for a three-season beater and that I was better off looking for a heavier weight and more open weave. To ensure that was still my preference, Matthew sent a smattering of both lighter (9-11oz) and heavier (12-14oz) options. At this juncture I'm settled on either Finmeresco or Frontier. Here are the samples they...
This is great! I'm thinking my new ear buds will actually need to be two separate sets - one with wires that I'll use for planes and at the office, and one sans-wires that I'll need once I update my iPhone. Being the cheap bastard I am, I had hoped I could have my cake and eat it too, but our dear friends at Apple wouldn't allow me to only have one set of buds...
I ask because I hadn't heard of Ultrasone until I read that interview (great work as always, by the way). I too am in the market for a new pair since my Shures have gone with way of the dodo. Will have to give the Steinheisers a look. I try to limit my pedantic, nerdy disposition to clothing. I don't think my brain or wallet could handle another hobby of any real substance.
Did Kiya's Ultrasone name drop in the PTO interview start you on this journey?