or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

I'll get some measurements next week when I'm back in town.
GF, yes. BF is still Southwick AFAIK. BBBF changed to Southwick starting in the second season.
And so the plot thickens... The one suit I sniped to throw up on the 'Bay is Caruso, meaning that it is from the first season of BBBF, aka grail. As many of you likely know, BBBF took a bit of a nosedive in quality once they moved to Southwick. I'd place this suit as part of the 2005-2006 collection. Also, something fun, it looks like someone at Marshall's fucked up (as I assumed). If you see the price tag below you'll note the "Compare at $180." Yeah, not so much...
Yeah suits were navy and mid grey. I can't pull off Thom's cut/proportions so none of them would really be staples for me. However, from a fabric standpoint, they were certainly staple-y: A couple blues in worsted and flannel, the grey suits were worsted. I was most intrigued by the cardigans in a cashmere blend, alas none of them really fit me. MSRP tags were $1k.
Per proxies on the BBBF -- I saw the stuff in passing (had to make a quick return on the way out of town for the missus). Under normal circumstances I would be happy to double back and grab stuff for y'all, but I'm already at the airport on the way out of town. I may be able to check back next week when I'm back, but can't promise anything. I will say it was an incredibly odd pricing model for Marshall's... not sure how you can mark both $250 shirts and $2,500 suits at $129.
Per proxies on the BBBF -- I saw the stuff in passing (had to make a quick return on the way out of town for the missus). Under normal circumstances I would be happy to double back and grab stuff for y'all, but I'm already at the airport on the way out of town. I may be able to check back next week when I'm back, but can't promise anything. I will say it was an incredibly odd pricing model for Marshall's... not sure how you can mark both $250 shirts and $2,500 suits at $129.
PSA for folks in the greater Atlanta area: Marshall's at Lindbergh has 2-3 racks' worth of Books Brothers Black Fleece. Outerwear, shirts, pants, suits, sport coats, and knitwear (including cashmere) -- everything is marked $129.99. Multiples of everything, sizes from BB0 to BB4.
PSA for folks in the greater Atlanta area: Marshall's at Lindbergh has 2-3 racks' worth of Books Brothers Black Fleece. Outerwear, shirts, pants, suits, sport coats, and knitwear (including cashmere) -- everything is marked $129.99. Multiples of everything, sizes from BB0 to BB4.
Really? I don't like wearing spreads sans jacket. They end up curling at the ends or (if the collar band isn't fused) spreading awkwardly. I think a BD collar is much better when there is no jacket in the picture or when you're likely to take your jacket off (a la the office).