or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

Didn't mean to call you or Reuben into question, more meant it's a stretch to say the best way of acquiring a belt is to hunt and/or kill something personally. Seems a little far-fetched. I also don't really care for snakeskin in any form, but particularly rattlesnake. Sure the belt makes for good cocktail party fodder, but I'm never really after that anyway. Either way, willing to bet Reuben enjoys it (as well he should).Hope the drinks are going down smooth.
I'm cool with $1k for handsewn by an artisan maker, but $1,300 for something that is machine made? I'm wearing a RLPL strap right now, and while it's my go-to and a great belt, it's hardly worth $1,000+.With all respect to Reuben (having not seen his work), paying him to make a belt from something he killed or that I found and sent seems like a marginally less practical way of getting a belt then, say, ordering something online from a world-renowned brand/maker. Again,...
Looks like the only O-rings they have now are crocodile and gator, but I'll keep an eye out. Speaking of, thank you for reminding me of how absurd RL's exotic belts are. $1,300 for a belt -- Oh for sure, man.
Hmm, that's certainly possible. I suppose I was more liking the idea of how tubular construction would give the suede a more casual, natural look? Hard to explain my thought process but it sounded good on paper. Perhaps that's why I can't find any IRL..I thought Flusser had done some exotic-colored 'gator tubos in O-rings before, but upon closer inspection it looks to be fine-stitched. I guess I'll go back to looking for a tastefully-executed stitched version.So... any...
Does anyone know of a place selling tubo suede O-ring belts? I'm looking for a casual option that can fill the void between a gator strap and my usual La Matera/Smathers & Brason weekend wear (please withhold judgement). I've been able to find some O-rings in suede (most recently here), but none that are tubos. None of the stitched options I've found look that elegant.
Got that impression, somewhat. Not actually getting that one, just though it might meet TP's criteria. Matthew is bringing a bunch of warm weather books so I'm sure I'll have a wide breadth. Thanks for the insight.
@TweedyProf I'm likely having a silk/linen/wool number made up in October when I meet with Steed. Matthew has suggested Portofino by Huddersfield which has a blue bamboo number that might fit the bill. You can see it here: https://shop.hfwltd.com/collection/34 Product: 107244 (last one in the right column).
Just did a thread search and didn't find anything super recent -- Bought a pair of SL-100Xs last week and only have like 5 wears into them. They fit great from the thigh down and the waist is great. My only concern is the seat. Can I count on 0.5-1" of stretch? They are certainly wearable now and don't feel all that constricting, but the slimmer seat does result in a considerable amount of pull at the front (not moose knuckle territory, but close -- I'm sure it will result...
If this were a 40-42 it would be instakopped. Great jacket.
Haha your imagination does not fail you as I am wearing a cotton/linen pair at this very moment. Adding insult to injury, they used to be pants...