or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

New & Lingwood Butterfly Loafers 8.5D US They seem to be in like-new condition, though I'd ask to see the soles. I own a pair from N&L "Bespoke" range and they are fantastic.
Ben Silver has C&J Handgrades for $440 shipped. http://www.bensilver.com/Sale-Shoes-and-Socks.html
Here's a shitty picture of the California tux routine I seem to wear daily. Since it's the first fit pic I've taken in a minute, might as well spread it around (cross-poast from the A&S Expats thread).
Took a (shitty) picture of the Steed Portofino jacket I've owned for a few months. I also wrote about it.
The traditional issue with "half canvas" is the assumption that the rest of the jacket is fused. This can lead to awkward creasing and bubbling of fusing and glue if worn a lot (granted in recent years this has become rarer due to better technology in glues and fusing). Either way, if a jacket is unlined (read: not fused) in the body with canvas in the chest and shoulders, you're unlikely to have an issue (or notice a difference). Sid Mashburn recently introduced a similar...
Aside from construction, the cloths that Drake's are offering are far more unique and enticing than anything I've seen from Ring for F/W (granted, it's early). The potential loophole here is buying a jacket direct from the London shop (which comes out to ~$1k). Issue there, of course, are unknown customs fees, especially for the cash gun club. US Customs are apparently all iGents, given their fervor for cashmere.Thanks for the note. Any chance you could quantify...
Looking to buy this exact model, so would appreciate your $0.02:How heavy is the cloth/how does it wear? The mohair blend and the fact that it's unlined makes me think it's pretty versatile/doesn't wear like heavy flannel/tweed, but it does look quite spongy in pictures. Any insight would be appreciated.Per fit, I've already been assured that the shoulders are roomy, but my usual shoulder width (18.75-19") makes me wonder about getting a sz 52. I've tried on Ring in the...
That's why I'm intrigued to know how much they plan to charge at the NYC pop-up. I'm eying the cashmere gun club, which, given cashmere's vaulted status with US Customs, would cost an arm and a leg to import.
Anybody have a phone number for the newly-opened NYC pop-up?
Thinking of buying a sport coat (gun club) once it's stocked. Looking at the measurements provided on the site, it seems their shoulders are quite narrow (18" on a 42R). Anyone own a sport coat/can comment on the fit? I realize they market "unpadded" and "unstructured" shoulders, but that seems pretty narrow, and I'm unsure I should size up to a 44, given that the rest of the measurements (length and waist) increase considerably. Any input would be appreciated.