or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

Didn't realize this thread existed, but wanted to give shouts to stitchy as well. While I didn't buy directly from him, he was incredibly helpful in the diamond vetting process and chalk-full of no-bullshit insight. Can't thank him enough and would recommend anyone getting hitched reach out to him.
The early collections ('07 and '08) were made by Caruso. Since 2009 they have been made by Southwick.
I'm in the same boat as you -- suits are pretty much only worn for weddings and funerals these days, and I honestly choose to not wear a watch with suits most times. I do, however, wear some variation of odd jacket/trou and open-collar shirt for most of the week. I've tried the XV on with a similar rig in the past and never thought of it as out of place, so I was taken aback by it being classified as strictly casual/weekend wear.
Surprised to hear so many doubting the Mark XV can be worn with a jacket. Granted I wouldn't wear it with a tux, but I've always thought it versatile enough to be a daily wearer in a jacket/trouser/tie optional office. I only voice my concern since it is likely to be my next watch (though God knows when I'll actually sack up and buy it). @Kaplan, do you steer clear of wearing yours with a jacket?
One of Suit Supply's best customers.
Anyone ever heard of Nikky Versier Capri? Found a bit of an oddity this morning when casually strolling through Marshall's. Was drawin in by the color/pattern and then the fabric. Upon closer inspection it was very well-made and full canvass. Soft shoulder design with minimal padding and a nice bit of drape without losing an athletic chest. Fabric is 95/5 wool/cash but the hand is incredibly soft. I obviously wouldn't guarantee it but the fabric looks and feels identical...
My comments weren't SC-specific, only windowpane specific (as it pertains to suits and SCs). I added the images in the hopes to spur conversation and show that navy can be executed well and that using color as the gold standard is far from fool-proof.At any rate, no biggie.
Or fly to Naples off the Sky Miles accrued from purchase.
^+1 RE: Pliny's picks. I looked at the Moonbeam but decided to go with something that is more 3-season (for someone living south of the Mason-Dixon). Your first pick is tits for Fall/Winter, however.