or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

Incredible. He's so nonchalant about their rarity/condition as well. I'd kill for a blue-faced Mark XII or Breitling 765 AVI...
I have a family friend who recently had a massive live-edge conference table commissioned. I was super excited for him until I saw it. The wood itself was absolutely gorgeous but the finishing in the construction was brutal, and that's coming from someone who neither knows a lot nor cares often. I'm talking exposed nails, glue, etc. A real shame. I didn't mention any of that to my friend, since he was totally in love with it from top-to-bottom, but it echoes the idea that...
@ajustrun founded the site. Another (non-banned) member is their head of marketing.Here's the article on the (potential) fallout between SF and Grailed. Never thought too much of it until I realized you can't link to the site...
Nope. There was a falling out (or so I have heard) between the guys who founded Grailed and the mods. I assume the mods were none too pleased that StyFoDudes were creating and campaigning for a site that went head-to-head with the B&S forum. Either way the end result was a few ban hammers and an inability to link to their site. #menswear drama at its finest.
That's the very reason I bought a pair of 3sixteen SL-100. I wear my RRL Straights exclusively with chukkas and Chelseas. At any rate, I still standby my theory on a higher rise looking best. Mid-to-low always looks out of place with a jacket, IMO.
I wear RRL Straights with Cheleas and jackets from time to time. I find the higher rise makes them look better with a jacket.
8.5UK Lobb patent leather tuxedo shoes on Grailed for $450 shipped. Our SF Overlords forbid me from linking.
If you constantly worry about wearing, damaging or staining your "nice things," you probably shouldn't be buying them in the first place. "Wear the clothes, don't let them wear you" and all that...
Harrison's Mirage has some nice windowpanes. While I think the lines could be thicker and the panes wider, the weave has a "might be herringbone, might not be" factor that adds depth while w/s/l lends some texture.
Not sold, but converted. Buy less, buy better and all that.You should come visit a climate that requires shorts some day. We have this stuff called sunlight, it's just fantastic.