or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

I'd just like to chime in and say that if someone on SF is doing this you're a huge dick. The transparency, helpfulness and input of Greg, David and the NMWA staff on here is borderline absurd (could you imagine Mr. Porter having a dedicated thread for questions and feedback?) There's no excuse for needing to return things at such a rate when you have (most) all of your answers readily available. Really sucks that people are taking advantage of the fact that Greg is...
Nah, that's Chicago Guy 45.
It seems the NMWA customer could be categorized into one of two groups: Guys who wash shirts after every wear and guys who have never washed their jeans.
Looking sharp, Jeff. I like the idea of a one piece BD collar. The end result makes me think "louche American businessman on holiday in Capri." Though I must ask... what gives with the clip-ons? Y'all killing me with that noise.
They're as close to workwear as Derek can get before he's forced to change the name of his blog.
I'd say it wears cool, but really I've always thought its charm and utility lay more in its workhorse nature. Because it's cotton you can sweat right through it, wash it, and throw it back on (at least that was how it was originally intended). There are cooler-wearing fabrics to be sure.
I never really got the appeal of multiple platforms. If you have a blog, you have a blog. If you don't, you don't. I started mine as a dumping ground of inspiration; a landfill of excess. Replicating that real estate only deludes the convenience of aggregation. Plus I'm a firm believer that the world only needs so much of me. That said, if I was trying to monetize my hobby, build an image or launch a brand, I'd be everywhere and then some.
I think there is a fundamental difference between in-home parking for a car that is meant for regular (or even semi-regular) use and cars that are being displayed as art. If the cars aren't moving for months or years at a time (a la Ralphy-cakes), then I can see the logic behind wanting more of a showcase feel (much like you would with traditional art). But if you run the risk of asphyxiating your cat at the start of each daily morning commute, I really don't get the appeal.
Yeah, but those aren't the guys who park in their living room...