or Connect

Posts by bourbonbasted

I know my Fresco is bemberg, though unsure what the difference might be with Ermazine. At any rate I asked for whatever was lightest/breathed the best.
I don't want to speak definitively, but they certainly weren't into the idea of me doing anything other than fully-lined on a jacket that is expressly meant to be worn in hot weather. And I've heard similar things from other people who have asked in the past. That said, I have a suit in Minnis Fresco (not from Steed) that is fully-lined and the lining is incredibly thin. The jacket breaths just as well as any of my unlined/buggy-lined jackets. Matthew assured me they...
+1 Steed won't do anything less than fully lined on anything, regardless of cloth. The same argument for sweating/staining was presented to me.
Perhaps a dig at me?
Bit of both. It's 9oz so it's certainly not cold weather suited, but also not crazy light. I'd describe the weave as similar to airy linen, but with a much smoother hand.
@southernstyle is an SA there now, as well.
Regular summer trips to DC (and now Houston) lend them some credibility.
I'm not too concerned about it. The hand was far from synthetic-feeling and if it wears/makes up well enough to get an endorsement from the tailor, I'm not losing sleep over its manufacturing process.Here's a picture of Matthew's jacket:
Matthew's most recent jacket is the same cloth (but with a red over-check). He said it stands up great to heat and humidity, which is what I am after.I asked about that and they said, per the mill, it's a 100% natural fiber. I won't pretend to know enough about chemistry or the ins-and-outs of material classification to make a definitive argument, but it certainly didn't feel or look synthetic.EDIT: Just dug up a pretty decent one-pager from Patagonia. As best I can tell...
X-post from the A&S Expats thread. Just ordered a SC from Steed in bamboo from the Portofino IV book. Pretty excited to see how it comes out, as the cloth was highly recommended by Matthew.