or Connect

Posts by gumercindo

Nice collection, namor. What's the difference in fit/texture b/w the slim fit chino and the slim fit rigid chino? I assume the latter is the selvedge whereas the former is not?
Unless you live in South America. - Jg0517: you're entering the territory of eidos.you check them out? RLBL tuxes are hard to come by on sale but keep checking B&S and RL outlets. Several years ago I scored a RLPL tux (retails for $4k) at an outlet for $600. Woodbury might be a place to start although I seem to recall their RLPL/RLBL inventory declining over the years.
Don't go small. I'm also 6', 170 with a slim/athletic build and wear a 40R. I find the large knits to fit well. I tried the medium a while back and found it to be a bit too snug for my liking.
Size 36 EZ black belt. Made in Italy. Very soft premium calf leather. Nice cross stitching on the back of the belt. EZ (the full name) is engraved on the side of the buckle. Great overall workhorse belt. Price is $125
I don't think the jacket length is an issue at all. "Appropriate" jacket length is at about half way up the thumb if you're holding your hands to the side.
Shoes question - Dark navy suit. What is more "appropriate"? - Medium Brown Museum Captoes - Dark Brown Wingtips
I agree with your comment about the sizing. They will ALWAYS try to sell you a size that is too small for you. Look at how they are dressed - most of the guys have jackets that are just too tight and cinching everywhere. Some of the guys are dressed well, others not so much.That said, for the Napoli, I found that it fits a smidge on the big size. I'm a standard 40 everywhere and I found myself wearing the 38 fine without feeling it was too tight. But, like you said,...
For all of you skinny guys that buy chinos/rigid chinos, do you find them too baggy? I tried them on once like 5 years ago in store and found them way too baggy for me. Did I try the wrong ones?
As a person who is getting married this coming June, I find the whole "wedding colors" concept absolutely ridiculous - biggest marketing scam in the wedding industry. How does dark charcoal grey represent the only color (rather than a lighter charcoal) that would work with your "wedding colors"? Just curious.
I was just going to suggest SS when I saw your postscript at the end. Your first link isn't working. As for dark grey, the JCrew suit looks very dark charcoal. Dark grey and dark charcoal - to me - are different. Looks like you want REALLY dark, no? Why don't any of the SS suits work for you? Nothing dark enough? Would you consider very dark navy? The dark charcoal (almost black) looks too much like a tux - you might as well get a tux. JMO. Why not light grey or...