or Connect

Posts by Galix

Since this thread is turning into an interesting conversation about pens, I'll drop my 2 cents. For the last months I'm using daily a Caran d'Ache fountain pen. Smooth and perfect ink flow. Highly recommended.
Quote: Originally Posted by Annadale Which models? Personally I prefer the one I inherited from my grandfather, silver, understated, and most importantly, no branding. Branding makes you look like a dick. +1
Quote: Originally Posted by Reevolving SA Brigg is a $300+ umbrella. LOL! Sorry, I didn't remember that recommendation I meant the M&S one. BTW, the video you posted of the senz umbrella is awesome! Not dressy but just perfect for everyday use...
I'd go for a reasonably priced one, nothing too awesome but something classic and functional. Half of the year I live in a city where it rains on average 2 out of 3 days during the entire year. Not kidding! So I've used plenty of them. During the last years I bought two nice umbrellas (at the beginning, when I arrived to the city, until I learned my lesson). The first one: lost. The second one disintegrated just few days after I bought it, because a extraordinary wind...
Hi! Sorry to take back this thread from the underworld but I have a quick question about shoe size, specifically for a last nr. 173. I normally wear a UK 7 E size (i.e. Tricker's). I saw a nice deal on Church's but the size is a UK 7 G. Is that a huge difference in fit? Would it still be comfortable to wear?
Hi! A quick question about shoe size. I normally wear a UK 7 E size (i.e. Tricker's). I saw a nice deal on Church's but the size is a UK 7 G. Is that a huge difference in fit? Would it still be comfortable to wear?
Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger Vegan Leather is faux. Vagano is just a more supple type of calf. Here's from Tom at LS: "Just another type of calf Alden uses. It is slightly more supple without losing too much of the shine of regular dress calf. It's a great leather for casual and semi dress shoes. Aloha, Tom" Hope he doesn't mind me swiping that from his blog...but here is the link. I'm also selling a pair of Alden boots in this...
Hi guys! I was checking the new Carmina website and I saw that some of the models are offered in both suede calf or vegano leather. I don't know what this is, so checked in Wikipedia and it says it's a type of artificial leather. So... If I get it right, it's actually a FAKE leather or in other words, it's NOT leather. Did I get it right? Is this inferior quality than actual leather? What's the use? Does it even worth it to spend hundreds of euros in a pair of shoes...
Jacket sleeves are too long, that's for sure. Don't know about shirt but it seems so as well.
Boardwalk Empire. In that TV show you can see some very nice outfits.