or Connect

Posts by Galix

Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger Vegan Leather is faux. Vagano is just a more supple type of calf. Here's from Tom at LS: "Just another type of calf Alden uses. It is slightly more supple without losing too much of the shine of regular dress calf. It's a great leather for casual and semi dress shoes. Aloha, Tom" Hope he doesn't mind me swiping that from his blog...but here is the link. I'm also selling a pair of Alden boots in this...
Hi guys! I was checking the new Carmina website and I saw that some of the models are offered in both suede calf or vegano leather. I don't know what this is, so checked in Wikipedia and it says it's a type of artificial leather. So... If I get it right, it's actually a FAKE leather or in other words, it's NOT leather. Did I get it right? Is this inferior quality than actual leather? What's the use? Does it even worth it to spend hundreds of euros in a pair of shoes...
Jacket sleeves are too long, that's for sure. Don't know about shirt but it seems so as well.
Boardwalk Empire. In that TV show you can see some very nice outfits.
Tailor Store call them "Neapolitan" and is my choice whenever I buy from them. It really looks very nice.
Quote: Originally Posted by Philip1978 SF-Approved
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett What are the advantages of a 7-fold or lined 6-fold tie versus more normal (3-fold) construction? Besides the SF fascination with photographing folds, does the tie actually tie a better knot? Is a 6- or 7-fold tie typically thicker or thinner than a lined 3-fold? Which holds up better/longer. Trying to figure this out before I place my next Hober order. I'm not an expert, but as far as I've...
Quote: Originally Posted by spacemanvt sorry i wasnt clear, any ideas if they deduct VAT in stores? Not 100% sure about this, but if I'm not mistaken in the entire EU the VAT deduction is not done by the stores you buy at, but at the airport (or other places alike) where you can find official agencies. But at the store they have to provide you with a certificate or a receipt or something like this. Just ask there and they'll inform you better.
Quote: Originally Posted by spacemanvt Galix, thanks! what are the typical prices for shoes? i am going to barca next week and am worried I am going to drop alot of cash on shoes once I am there... they look sooo good Well, from what I saw prices ranged from aprox. 150 € for a pair of suede loafers to around 575 € for cordovan boots. But those are extremes. Most of them where somewhere around 350 €. So I wouldn't expect to spend...
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeM Damn! I'm in love...