or Connect

Posts by Galix

You can find some nice shoes for that amount either during sales time or buying them seconds. I saw some Church's for that money. Also AE should cost that. Maybe, if you're lucky, you can find other nice options from other brands like Carmina, C&J, Alden... But... Maybe what you have been offered is a very good deal (never heard of the brand though)
I say it doesn't look cheap or bad at all, but it's too tight for sure on the chest. The shoulders look right, so I guess your tailor just made that up as an excuse.
Since this thread is turning into an interesting conversation about pens, I'll drop my 2 cents. For the last months I'm using daily a Caran d'Ache fountain pen. Smooth and perfect ink flow. Highly recommended.
Quote: Originally Posted by Annadale Which models? Personally I prefer the one I inherited from my grandfather, silver, understated, and most importantly, no branding. Branding makes you look like a dick. +1
Quote: Originally Posted by Reevolving SA Brigg is a $300+ umbrella. LOL! Sorry, I didn't remember that recommendation I meant the M&S one. BTW, the video you posted of the senz umbrella is awesome! Not dressy but just perfect for everyday use...
I'd go for a reasonably priced one, nothing too awesome but something classic and functional. Half of the year I live in a city where it rains on average 2 out of 3 days during the entire year. Not kidding! So I've used plenty of them. During the last years I bought two nice umbrellas (at the beginning, when I arrived to the city, until I learned my lesson). The first one: lost. The second one disintegrated just few days after I bought it, because a extraordinary wind...
Hi! Sorry to take back this thread from the underworld but I have a quick question about shoe size, specifically for a last nr. 173. I normally wear a UK 7 E size (i.e. Tricker's). I saw a nice deal on Church's but the size is a UK 7 G. Is that a huge difference in fit? Would it still be comfortable to wear?
Hi! A quick question about shoe size. I normally wear a UK 7 E size (i.e. Tricker's). I saw a nice deal on Church's but the size is a UK 7 G. Is that a huge difference in fit? Would it still be comfortable to wear?
Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger Vegan Leather is faux. Vagano is just a more supple type of calf. Here's from Tom at LS: "Just another type of calf Alden uses. It is slightly more supple without losing too much of the shine of regular dress calf. It's a great leather for casual and semi dress shoes. Aloha, Tom" Hope he doesn't mind me swiping that from his blog...but here is the link. I'm also selling a pair of Alden boots in this...
Hi guys! I was checking the new Carmina website and I saw that some of the models are offered in both suede calf or vegano leather. I don't know what this is, so checked in Wikipedia and it says it's a type of artificial leather. So... If I get it right, it's actually a FAKE leather or in other words, it's NOT leather. Did I get it right? Is this inferior quality than actual leather? What's the use? Does it even worth it to spend hundreds of euros in a pair of shoes...