or Connect

Posts by tsekh

Question: I am visiting Seattle later this month. Besides J Gilbert's, is there any store that stocks Alden that is worth checking out? (Or stores that stock shell shoes of other brands like C&J and Carmina?) Thanks!
obenauf or filson. This question is asked at least once every two or three pages in this thread.
Crane is right. You never know how long the boots had been sitting in the warehouse before it was shipped to you, or how many months/years the leather was piled up at a corner before made into boots. Just apply a coat of boots oil and let the oil air dry for a day before wearing. Heavy duty LP is not necessary unless you know you are going to wear the boots in a snow storm 7 days straight or you want to go swimming with them. And heavy duty LP darkens the boots...
I already own the brown and cordovan plain toe, and I was choosing between the Red Wing Beckman in chestnut or another pair of 1000 mile boot in tan. With this deal, I'm in for another pair of 1000 mile boot!
The last determines the shape of the size, see this video (1:48 onward)http://youtu.be/Xn3K--loPPU
The burnishing on that particular pair of boot looks awful though. But if this will be available later this fall, I'll probably order a pair.
I bought a pair of the JCrew captoe boot from one of those eBay sellers. There are shaprie marks on the insole and came with no shoe box. Other than that, I can't find any flaw in them. The upper leather is pristine. Only if I knew where they source these Alden shoes..
Thanks for the reply Cold Iron. With my AE Shell PA, the AE cordovan cream did a pretty good job in covering up a small part of the shoe where the texture of the leather is not 100% smooth. It also helped conditioned and restore a deep but natural black color to the captoe of my PA after stripping with Reno. Since then all I used is mac method and venetian shoe creme occasionally and it is very easy to keep a good shine on it. I'm sure Saphir cordovan cream will also work...
Anyone wants to share your experience of how to treat or polish a brand new pair of AE shell cordovan shoes? I have a pair of black shell Park Avenue that was bought more than a year ago, and also another two pairs of Alden shell cordovan shoes. To me, the biggest advantage of Alden's shell shoes over AE shell shoes is that Alden's typically arrive in nearly perfectly polished condition. All I need to do is Mac Method them regularly - wipe down with a slightly damp...
Barrie. Plaza looks too dressy for denim.