or Connect

Posts by tsekh

Not sure if anyone is aware that Horween is now selling Venetian shoe cream directly on their webstore (along with Saphir renovateur and other stuff).http://horween.bigcartel.com/product/venetian-creamThe most interesting bit is that (other than the updated packaging) Horween confirmed that they actually use Venetian is actually in the factorySince I first read Nick Horween comment regarding Venetian shoe cream on his blog, I always wonder whether the cream they used in...
The more I look at it the more I want to punch the person who did QC on this pair of boots in the factory
Well, Leather Soul told me that since these flaws are not deemed as defect by Alden (because the boots left the factory?) so if I were to return I would have paid for return shipping, and they would only refund me the cost of the boots but not the cost of 2-day Fedex they used.
Really want to keep them, but you know - once you've seen it, it cannot be unseen - and it becomes more and more noticeable every time I look at it. I will bring them to a cobbler and see if he has any suggestion about how to fix it (of course I will have an hour long discussion with him before I left him touch the boot).
Advice needed. My Leather Soul plaza wingtip boots arrived today, but there are some stitching problems on the right boot. While I understand that the extra thread indicated by the blue circle can be fixed easily, I have no idea what to do with the problem in the red circle. Any suggestion? Oh... they somehow have also punched a hole in the tongue of the right boot. Should I return them? I'm more inclined towards keeping them since they look absolute gorgeous if I...
With people getting loan to buy shoes that they could not afford.
J Crew has written back to me to confirm that the leather on their Waxed Longwing Bluchers are indeed NOT Horween CXL leather. Below is the email they sent me:
Pre-ordered the Alden X J Crew waxed longwing (CXL) and it finally arrived today. Unfortunately it came with a cut in the right shoe near the ankle... If they were bought on eBay for $150 less than the retail price I would have kept them, but this is not what I would accept for full retail (and J Crew told me I have to wait again... oh well). Btw, this boots are supposed to be made of Horween CXL (according to J Crew website), but the leather actually feels like...
Brown sharpie (i'm serious) or apply some leather sole edge dressing. I think they are heavily waxed, so the pigment from normal shoe polish won't get soaked in easily.
They are Red Wing lineman boots. I don't think they are officially available in the US or Europe market (at least not on the websites), but they are pretty popular in Asian markets. Red Wing Japan website is flash based and is extremely slow, try Googling "Red Wing 2907" or "Red Wing 2914" to see more photos of them. They look ok from the side, but hideous from the front or top IMO.