or Connect

Posts by tsekh

I use wax that matches the color of the shell. I use Alden paste wax (available in black, brown, color 8, tan) mostly because I already own them and they are cheap. Some people said that Alden wax are just rebranded Kiwi, not sure if that's true but I've never heard bad thing about Kiwi wax. Many have also commented that Saphir paste wax is superior... I have no experience with them. I guess I will give them a try in the (very distance) future when I use up my current stock.
Paste wax is the way to go.I have a pair of brown Dundee in shell. It came out of the box with thick chunk of unknown product on it. A damp microfiber cloth is very useful in removing these unwanted product. VSC helps removing these products and treating the leather as well, but I would start with just a damp cloth.AE and Saphir cordovan cream are both very good adding some color the leather (or even out the color, shells often have some uneven color spots) and introduce...
Saw the Rush Street in person today. The color is a lot darker than I thought. The website describes the color as "golden brown chromexcel leather", as oppose to "natural chromexcel leather" as on the Clark Street. So I suppose it is intentionally darker....
The new Rush Street looks nice... Basically Strand with natural CXL upper and a Dainite sole?
For sale is a pair of brand new in box Alden Natural CXL Indy Boots. These are size 9.5D in Trubalance last, so they fit like regular 10D. I ordered these from NRO almost a year ago and was told to expect a 8-week wait. Well, they finally arrived this week after a year and I want to sell them to finance some recently made purchases. Price is $450 shipped in the US, plus 3% PayPal fee. If you live in DC, you can pick them up in person and pay cash.
Cambridge was not available in brown shell before the webgem, only in black or burgundy. No idea why, as brown shell has always been available for Dundee and Strand. I suppose you can still pay an additional MTO fee to get them in brown shell (or take the styleforum's 'contact the CEO' route to waive the MTO fee). But the webgem price is still $50 cheaper than what AE typically asks for shell shoes.I'm debating between Cambridge or Jefferson in brown shell... will probably...
Not sure if anyone is aware that Horween is now selling Venetian shoe cream directly on their webstore (along with Saphir renovateur and other stuff).http://horween.bigcartel.com/product/venetian-creamThe most interesting bit is that (other than the updated packaging) Horween confirmed that they actually use Venetian is actually in the factorySince I first read Nick Horween comment regarding Venetian shoe cream on his blog, I always wonder whether the cream they used in...
The more I look at it the more I want to punch the person who did QC on this pair of boots in the factory
Well, Leather Soul told me that since these flaws are not deemed as defect by Alden (because the boots left the factory?) so if I were to return I would have paid for return shipping, and they would only refund me the cost of the boots but not the cost of 2-day Fedex they used.
Really want to keep them, but you know - once you've seen it, it cannot be unseen - and it becomes more and more noticeable every time I look at it. I will bring them to a cobbler and see if he has any suggestion about how to fix it (of course I will have an hour long discussion with him before I left him touch the boot).