or Connect

Posts by tsekh

The Filson ones are only available in slim fit though.
Red Wing's copper rough and tough leather is their CXL counterpart. They do feel similar on the foot, both are extremely comfortable even without any break-in. However, the copper rough and tough doesn't look as dressy as CXL can be.
BTW, if you pick p any Levis trucker jacket, if the product no begins with 70505, then that's A standard fit jacket. Sim fit ones being with 70589. This Filson one fits mostly the same as all 70589 jacket if your local Levis store doesn't carry them, except the frabic is a bit thicker and more rigid than regular denim.
There are two types of fit for Levis trucker jacket, slim fit and standard fit. This fits the same as all other slim fit trucker jacket. I wear S for standard fit and M for slim fit, and so I went for M. BTW, went back t the Levis store today and there was only one left. The sales person I talked to told me that this jacket is selling really quick.
What? My 47 is not low rise at all. The few 511s that I have sit way lower than the 47.
They used to available only in Tan, and a new black version has just been made available http://www.filson.com/products/oil-finish-trucker-jacket.10502.html They are not available on Levi's website yet, but the Levi's store here in downtown Chicago has them. The store is also doing $100 off $250, so I added a t-shirt and got $100 off Now I want to get the Tan one as well... if I can find a place selling them with a good discount
My waist size is 30 and I had a pair of 30x34. I wore it before any soaking for about half a year, and it is about fit or tight fit. After soaking, it was very hard to button initially, but losen a bit to a tight fit. On other LVC I would say buying RAW true to size, but for the 47, I would recommend buying 1-2 inches larger because the butt and thigh of the 47 are much tighter than others ( I have a pair of 54 501z and 66 505 for comparison ).I
this?http://www.ebay.com/itm/160860637597?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1414
That was in the 50's, before Levi's was an international brand with many country specific models and many jeans made in 3rd world countries.I wouldn't be surprised to find a pair of modern non-counterfeit Levis 501 with zipper for $20 when visiting some Asian countries these days.
Could be, but not likely. It's not like Levi's had never released 501 with zipper before, especially non-LVC line, which is not supposed to be really authentic. Your best bet is to look at the label inside the jeans. In any case, sorry you didn't hit the jackpot.