or Connect

Posts by tsekh

The BB pair is definitely Barrie. I also have a pair of unlined snuff suede PTB on Barrie last to compare them to, the measured exactly the same and fits the same. That being said, both unlined pairs look a lot sleeker than my Barried lasted boots. The tapered look is perhaps due to the fact that they are unlined?
Ended up ordering both pairs of suede Indy shoes from BB and Haberdash to compare. Received both pairs tonight BB lists the color as tan and Haberdash lists its pair as milkshake. They are 100% the same color. The BB pair comes with unwaxed tan laces while the other pair comes with waxed white laces. The BB pair is definitely on Barrie last. The Haberdash one is on trubalance. Overall I like the Haberdash lined version more, especially the lighter color outsole, and...
I use these as well, they are awesome.
Because the double leather sole has double the sole?I have 3 pairs of Alden unlined shoes with flex sole. They felt like they have 0 cushioning at the bottom in the beginning, but they all broke in very quickly and with 4~5 wears the sole become very soft and very comfy.That being said, because I have 3 pairs of unlined shoes with flex sole - the last pair was purchased a week ago (snuff unlined PTB) - I decided to go with the lined one with Haberdash... for a different...
Decision... tan suede Indy shoes Lined, double leather sole, Trubalance last http://korvue.shophaberdash.com/products/indy-oxford-in-suede/alden-shoe-co./4544548 or Unlined, single flex sole, (barrie last?) http://www.brooksbrothers.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-brooksbrothers-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=MH00346&CMP=EMC_OrderConfirmation_e&j=1002650&e=iamtsekahei@gmail.com&l=56259_HTML&u=13686466&mid=7001520&jb=6571
Mr Clemson, where did you get these whiskey LWB? Or can someone tell me which retailer has a whiskey LWB list for me to sign up and wait for a year or two?....
Too many to list. It's very easy to distinguish which pair is made by AE and which pair is made by Alden however... even if they are BB branded. If you are not familiar with them enough to do so, post the link here and someone would be able to tell whether they are Alden made.All three seem to be on the Barrie last, judging by look at the shape of the bottom. At least their Alden-branded counterparts are Barrie lasted.
PSA: BB is having 30% off many shoes, including a number of Alden calf skin and suede shoes (no good deal on shell though). Just in time for...
AE/Nordstrom/JAB shoe trees are all made by Woodlore. Alden/JCrew she tress are all made by Rochester Shoe Tree Company.(Fun fact: Nordstrom sells Nordstrom branded shoe trees at Nordstrom... but they sell Woodlore shoe tress at Nordstrom Rack at a lower price. Yet they are all the identical except for the name on the metal plate.)I prefer Alden shoe trees to AE/Woodlore (standard) shoe trees. Their have better sanded edges and have bigger and rounder heels. But then the...
I'm a TTS 10D. The AE Dundee is in size 10D and the Alden Chukka is 9.5D. The Alden feels slightly wider, but only slightly so.