or Connect

Posts by Storm33

Ditto for the shell; I really like my calf Strands in walnut, but those shell Strands in brown are amazing!Here's my casual Friday: new McTavish with Helmut Lang selvedge...I broke the shoes in for a couple of hours yesterday, and they are "all day comfortable" today! Woodlore Epics are waiting for them at home (in stock at Amazon).
GLWS; I absolutely love mine (in chestnut). These are fantastic bags! Tempted to buy it at this price just so I match on the days I wear black!
You can't go wrong with walnut Strand...love 'em!
I bought a pair of Marlow PTBs on eBay about a year ago, and they came with sole guards installed. The left shoe developed a squeak to the point that I couldn't wear them because it was so annoying. I pulled the sole guards off last weekend, thinking they were the problem, and noticed what appears to be a rubber "plug" in the sole of the squeaky shoe. It still squeaks when I walk in them. I'm going to send them to Nick V. for resoling, and I'm wondering whether to get...
Here's a thread I started last year on this. The "Cliff's Notes" version is that Rago Brothers in NJ is where the Ferragamo stores send their work (they did mine), and Nick V. at B. Nelson in NYC is also highly recommended. I'm sending a pair of Lobbs and a pair of C & J to Nick for full recrafting.
Mine shipped yesterday (ordered March 5); supposed to arrive tomorrow! I'll post pics this weekend, hopefully...
I am offering a like-new pair of A. Testoni Black Label wingtips, size 10 M. They are only "like new" because they have a minimal amount of shop wear on the soles, but clearly have not been worn other than for try-on. These are top quality shoes; Construzione Bologna is a level above the Black Label, and among the finest Italian craftsmanship. They have channeled soles, and the welting on these is amazing! This pair comes with the original box and shoe bag. Retail on...
My last pair of Allen Edmonds Burton for sale. The pair pictured is US 9.5 3E, the other is 9.5 E (sold). The 3Es are in excellent condition, were probably worn about 5 times. Come with original AE box. Asking $59 -> $SOLD, shipped Priority Mail CONUS only. I had a pair of Allen Edmonds Strand in Walnut, size US 10 EEE. These are in very good condition, worn approximately 6 times. These come with the original AE box. Asking $OLD, shipped Priority Mail CONUS...
I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Strand in Walnut, size 10 EEE. These are in very good condition, worn approximately 6 times. These come with the original AE box. Asking $119, shipped CONUS only. I also have two pairs of Allen Edmonds Burton in black calf for sale. Both pairs in lightly used condition, worn less than 10 times. Come with original AE box. Asking $59 each, shipped CONUS only.
I am offering a number of ties, some nice ones mixed in with some "cheapies". I accept PayPal. Asking price includes Priority Mail to CONUS only. Group 1. Hart Schaffner Marx: Green w/ square pattern, $10 Turnbull & Asser: Green and navy, $60 Group 2. Tommy Hilfiger: Red w/ shield pattern, $10 Hart Schaffner Marx: Red w/ navy weave, $10 Group 3. Charvet: Gold w/ red and navy stripes, $40 Brooks Bros. Makers: Gold w/ navy dots, $40 Brioni:...