or Connect

Posts by Storm33

I think I've just been lucky. The medallion on the left shoe of my Strands is a little off-center, but 99 of 100 people wouldn't notice.Don't let me deter you. When they get them right, AE shell cordovan are great shoes and last for years. In fact, buying seconds can save you big money - you will just have to check them over. I probably could have lived with the first pair of Jeffersons I received if I got them for half price, but when I pay full price they'd better...
That's one of the frustrating things about dealing with AE. I know that this is an "appreciation" thread, and I love AE shoes (own nearly 20 pairs) but my burgundy shell Daltons are the only pair of AE shell cordovan that arrived at my door with zero defects. They seem to have consistent struggles in working with shell cordovan. I don't believe I ever had to send a pair of calf AEs back due to defects...but my shell Park Aves, Patriots, MacNeils and now my Jeffersons...
That's a tough choice! My shell burgundy MacNeils see a lot of action in good weather...they are among my favorites, in fact. Burgundy is such a versatile color that I don't expect to be wearing my Jeffersons as often.That being said, it wasn't hard for me to justify having both. If you can talk yourself into both pairs you won't regret it.
I'm not sure about the second defective pair. They failed inspection by customer service and weren't shipped to me, so I never saw them. The pair I originally received in November had a divot in the upper (see bottom shoe in the photo).
Looking good!My replacement pair of brown shell Jeffersons just showed up yesterday. I ordered in early September, and the first pair that arrived in November was defective. I sent them back, and they had to make two more pairs to get it right (so there should be a couple of pairs of seconds out there in 9 3E).I was getting irritated about the wait time, but after seeing them I think they were worth the four-month wait. I'll have to keep them at the office for break...
I think it really depends on what you've been doing lately in lieu of acting like pinko commie scum. I wouldn't put any emphasis on that from any perspective because you don't know how the reader of your app or an interviewer (if you get that far) will feel about your past life. I didn't have a stellar undergrad record, but I had some decent professional accomplishments since that time. That, combined with my writing, recommendations, a good interview and an A in a...
My burgundy shell Patriots arrived yesterday - nice turnaround time...I ordered them the day before Thanksgiving. I was too busy to get them out of the box yesterday, and finally had a chance to try them on at lunch time today. I happened to be wearing my burgundy shell MacNeils (which are about a year old) so I thought I'd share a comparison shot of present burgundy shell finish vs. past: Please note that the Patriots are fresh out of the box and will shine up when...
I recall someone asking about sizing on Patriots recently, and thought I'd share my experience. I went into the store this past Wednesday and tried them on, and after trying a couple of pairs I ended up ordering a pair in burgundy shell - in my usual length, but one size narrower because I experienced some heel slip in my usual size. The narrower size was a tiny bit snug across the vamp, but I'm certain that the shell will stretch sufficiently with wear.
Perhaps you could talk them into a partial refund if they can't remake them. The defects really aren't that major (mine weren't perfect either, but I decided to keep them) so you may want to consider whether you could wear them if some of your money came back.Food for thought...
My Webgem burgundy shell Daltons arrived this afternoon. Here they are, straight out of the box: Hopefully I will get time to brush them and try them on tomorrow; although it may very well be next week before they make it back out of the box based on my schedule. I can't wait to break them in and see how they shine up! PS - I was wearing my chocolate calf Daltons today. For whatever reason, that made it more exiting when the shell Daltons showed up.