or Connect

Posts by Duveen

I am in (just wrote a PM to chorse)
Note that there is nearly $100 USD of shipping on top of the (very reasonable) per umbrella price. Still a deal, but less of a screaming deal.
For tailors, I have had great alterations experiences with Pat Scioli (1744 E. Passyunk, near 12th and Morris, Snyder metro stop in Little Italy). He is a real old-school Italian tailor with a love for the business. The downsides: his English isn't great, he will try to sell you his private-label suits (low-end, fused but made in Napoli), and he is (justifiably) proud of his work. Treat him with respect, and you'll come out looking and feeling great. On the plus...
Hi, Any Philadelphians able to recommend a good dry cleaner, ideally in Center City? I tried resurrecting an old thread and had no luck, so I thought I'd create an easy-to-find repository for all the dry cleaning knowledge in town... Fire away!
Does anyone have more recent recommendations for a dry cleaner in Philadelphia - ideally Center City? I am looking to have a decent lot of suits cleaned following the fall season and would like a good quality cleaner (I had previously used Parkway in DC). Thanks for advice from Philadelphians!
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNWorn Wouldn't the answer be simple enough: money? Nope, the money won't be enough. When they have you working two back-to-back allnighters on different projects after two weeks of not going home before 4am, the money alone won't cut it. You have to have something about the deal itself, or finance or whatever to make it worth it. While analysts are paid well (esp for their age/experience), it is not money...
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek Duveen and Raley, thanks for your opinions. I guess I'll try to get myself into the regular recruiting stream in the fall for some canadian banks. Do you have any strategies for doing so? Go to career services and speak with them about whether banks recruit on campus. There is normally a rigid and organized recruiting process (exactly as your friend's dad said) that happens every fall. Start out by...
At the undergrad level they definitely don't expect as much knowledge. Start with the Vault guides to IB interviews, and check out the sample questions at Wall St Oasis (http://wallstreetoasis.com/), which is affiliated with Wall Street Prep, one of the training companies. Not having done this in undergrad, I can't be sure how deep they want you to go, but you should definitely know how things flow across the three balance sheets (e.g. what happens if I increase...
Quote: Originally Posted by raley Wait, how old are you? If you are 22 years old, I would think that even with 2 years of work experience, it won't really be viewed as such by the b-school admissions people. If you are still an undergrad, why don't you just find a reason to stay another semester and then participate in fall full time recruiting next year? With your work experience, if you have decent grades and the capability to memorize a lot of...
We should take this offline as it is likely somewhat uninteresting to others, but: 1) Yep, it will be viewed positively that you did impressive work while in school, but it will not count as much as an FT job, irrespective of hours, because most side work while in school is qualitatively different than what an FT employee would be asked to do. My guess is that you were either freelancing, working for a family business or doing contract work. Part of the value placed on...