or Connect

Posts by Duveen

Quote: Originally Posted by StockwellDay Perhaps something similar to these, on the right? Which are awesome. Exactly like those at right. I think that RIDER posted photos of my MTOs after they came in and they became a (mildly) popular special order. They are still looking good - I wore them just the other day.
Let me bump to say that this is the same Wayne Edwards sale I had mentioned a while back. Wayne Edwards is a great brick and mortar store in Philly and Anthony is an awesome guy. It looks like the stock is down a bit, but with prices in the $600-700 range for new Lobbs, hopefully folks are interested...
Love my Marteganis -- I got a pair of specs ages ago from Ron (back when they were cheaper...), purposely picking a style and colorway similar to EG Malverns (http://mausandhoffmanonline.com/Merc...oduct_Count=2), and they have been mistaken for EGs by several knowledgable shoe folks from a distance. They have also held up much better than I expected, particularly the soles. Finally, Ron is awesome...
The American Medical Association was and is a lobby for physicians. It had an incredible influence on the profession through the 1960s and 1970s. It was particularly important in the 19th and early 20th century helping establish the concept of 'reasonable and customary' charges (e.g. whatever a doc wants) and to professionalize the industry. The AMA has been criticized by Milton Friedman and others for creating an artificial shortage in physician supply by not only...
Quote: Originally Posted by bdeuce22 Once you go through security, you will go down some escalators. As you walk off the escalators you have to walk straight towards all the gates. You will see the BB on your right. Look for the national coney island. Order up two coneys and a chili cheese fry. Its my personal Meal After Drinking favorite. If you had more time, I'd take you to Lafayette Coney Island in Detroit. Those are the best. Had...
Quote: Originally Posted by eidolon I hate to take away from a civics discussion, but I have a 3+ hour layover at Detro Metro in a few months, which basically equals 2 1/2 hours of free time counting check-in and going back through security. I don't suppose there's anything I could do in that amount of time that anyone would recommend? Not a ton of time to really do much, and DTW is a bit aways from city. My wife's family is from Detroit...
Totally costumey, IMHO. It's your money, but even if done with NO velvet/suede/decoration this will scream 'Renaissance Fair'. What would you pair it with?
I have been to Seattle a number of times (on business and to visit my aunt and uncle) and love the city. I wanted to second two recs: 1) Fremont -- Be aware, it is definitely a bit away from Pike Place, etc, but it is a really fun, very bohemian neighborhood. If you want to go out near the locks and treat yourself, Ray's Boathouse is right on the water. I took one of our senior management guys there - the food is very good, but not as adventurous as some of the best in...
I just stopped by Wayne Edwards - a small men's store here in Philly - and their whole Lobb inventory is sale for 33% off. Size run is a bit sporadic (e.g. no size 13 gunboats for me...), but it is worth a try. The models I saw were: Lobb 2007 in blk and brn, Tomar, Lopez, Sutton (the one with a star shaped punch on the toe), Turvey (Italian-looking suede loafers). No Vales, so don't get too excited! I have no financial interest in this, but WE is a great store and...
Quote: Originally Posted by blackplatano Yea, I'm in, but my wallet hates you. You're cool with me though. EDIT: I'm having second thoughts about the quality of the cheap briggs after checking out this thread http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=59493&page=1 The quality control issues might explain why they are so cheap. The more worrying info is on page 1 (I have changed the link in the quote). I wonder if gdl or...