or Connect

Posts by Duveen

Quote: Originally Posted by whiteslashasian I can't watch youtube at work...blocked, but I assume that this is "Bankers vs Consultants". If so, great video. I'm a consultant... For a while there in the middle of the meltdown this video felt really painful - all of the things that made bankers win ("bankroll", "penthouse loft", "house in the Hamptons") seemed pretty far away. I guess that w/Goldman getting ready to bail out of the bailout,...
Just one more comment - several people have said 'easier to hire a CA than to be one' - definitely true. But you have put in the time already, so that is a sunk cost. I don't think that you'll regret having done it, and there are a LOT of cases where it is nice to be able to cut through the financial statements quickly. On that note, however, I have noticed in b-school that a lot of accountants don't necessarily get financial modeling right away, which I thought was...
To GQGeek's point, job markets are such that you generally don't get paid a lot unless you are working a lot. The reverse is not necessarily true (e.g. you can work a lot and get paid next to nothing). NB: I am not an accountant, but have worked with a lot of folks with that background. I would say that your accounting background is going to be an incredible asset as you move forward in business - get the CPA (as you intend to do) and then get off to b-school to...
Have you done organic chemistry?
What is the length/height of umbrella? I remember an issue with Brigg's website selling heavily discounted brollys that were pretty small...
Sold Sold Sold
Relisting, still @ $375 shipped -- it is snowing now, but when the season changes you'll want a nice pair like this.
Quote: Originally Posted by 83glt I guess I'll answer my own question. For anyone interested in this type of project, I recommend heading to Manhattan Wardrobe Supply @ 245 W. 29th St. - 8th floor (b/wn 8th and 7th, closer to 8th). I stopped in today and found the Angelus deglazer. They have a host of shoe care products, including dyes, polishes, conditioners, etc., as well as all kinds of supplies relating to tailoring and fashion (e.g., fabric dyes,...
Sorry, but no.
PM sent - hoping to get them! Have indicated that I will buy if no one else has already done so. Placed a firm bid.