or Connect

Posts by Duveen

The biggest issue I have with the Daniely is the color. The shoe is light, which makes it feel casual. If the office is officially biz-casual you may be able to get away with it, but FWIW I would want my best-quality shoes to also be my dressiest. When I did get client face time, I would want to be sporting my nicest stuff. Given that context, black is best/most conservative, the dark brown AEs are the next best. The Daniely will stand out with a navy or grey suit....
Congrats, CD! I agree 100% about work ethic in HS being a good predictor of future results. I went to a hyper-nerdy magnet program and we all took AP classes nonstop and were pushed academically. It made a big difference in college and beyond. Not so much that one truly learned more than others, although tests do have a way of focusing the mind, but that I got to be around people who were comfortable focusing on getting things done to a high standard...
I think that people just forget/don't care
That shirt will look fine and not at all club-like if paired with a conservative suit and a nice tie. Definitely very dressy, but a good find overall. Shoulder fit is great and I'd call this a definite keeper.
One more thing, I actually went to Pediwear and took a look @ the styles you suggest. They are all good, basic shoes. There is definite overlap b/w your Grenson and Sargent choices (which is why you are asking, I assume). Given that fit is important, I would definitely try on the Sargents at a good Brooks Brothers. They should have those styles, and the style names are usually the same (they are written on the side of the shoe in many cases). Check the sizing and...
What is your current shoe collection like? Do you generally buy shoes in bulk? If so, do as you wish. If not, I would strongly suggest pacing your acquisitions. If this forum is what piqued your interest in high-end men's shoes, you will likely be slowly driven further upmarket. C&J shoes are great b/c they combine styling and construction at a fair price point. I still mix in C&Js with EGs and other higher-end shoes. Sargents can definitely end being shoes that...
I sold these shoes to GDL and they are beautiful in person. Good luck to the eventual buyer...
Skating-related?
I think that he looks good, and that his choices are deliberate. I personally am not a fan of the big knot that he uses, and think his coats are both tight and short. But he comes damn close to looking like an Apparel Arts illustration, which is (I think) what he is going for. He's no Nana Boateng, but he is OK in my book.
Thanks for the detailed comparison shots. I would argue that there is more of a difference to the Peal specification than you might think. The waist of the peal looks daintier to me and they may use more care in developing the welt, etc. I would argue that the amount of difference in price @ retail would lead to a few meaningful construction differences. One might be the leather used and how it wears over time. Anyhow, I definitely think that you got a great deal...