or Connect

Posts by tgtg

These are well-known, and hard to get – right now you'll have to plunk down $495 and wait until next May (2012) to get a pair. I went through a lot of hassle to get these, and I'm really bummed to be selling them, but my flat feet are just not made for the Trubalance last. I can't give an exact count on how many wears they have, but I'd guesstimate less than 20. The Horween Chromexcel leather is really soft, long-lasting, (and smells good - seriously!) and most people...
Sadly selling these, as I have to finally admit to myself that my super-flat feet are, well, just too flat for the roomy Trubalance last, even if I go a full size down (I previously sold a pair of these in 10.5D here earlier this year). I've worn these maybe... 20-ish times? Honestly I don't have a precise count, but they're still in great shape, and the leather is nice and oily and should keep them looking good for a long time. There is a little scratch in the leather on...
Sold a pair of Alden Indy's to Tsuji, great buyer. Friendly guy, good communication, fast replies, no problems.
Quote: Originally Posted by contactdo I recently exchanged Alden + Context Roy boots with tgtg since we each wanted to size up/down. He kept in contact and responded quickly. He was nice enough to ship the shoe trees a few days after he shipped the boots once we realized that we also had to exchange shoe trees due to sizing. Thumbs up and very trustworthy. Thanks again tgtg! Seconded! contactdo was great to work with, a standup guy. Highly...
Quote: Originally Posted by bakatora Bought some alden little tanks from tgtg, great communication, fast shipping and very well packaged. Item arrived as described, in good condition. Would order again! Thanks! Ditto! bakatora great buyer, fast and good communication. Happy to do business with again.
Oops was supposed to be a pm. Sorry!
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcellionheart Generally, Trubalance size = Barrie size. Tom has said in the past, I remember, that 95% of his customers took the same size. Those 5% that wear Trubalance in their TTS, half sized down for Barrie. Just as an additional data point, if you have flat feet (as I do) this may not hold. The overall additional volume of Trubalance (indy boots in this case) led me to go a full size down. Barrie's a full...
Both pairs are now sold, thanks for looking Let my sizing miss-steps be your gain! And thanks for looking. 1. SOLD Alden for Leathersoul Ultimate Indy, Kudu Leather, Commando soles, Trubalance last, Size 10.5D Great boots, in great condition. I wore them maybe 3-5 times before admitting to myself they were too big for me. Since they have been worn (outside), they do have some minimal wear, and slight creasing, though they've never been wet and I've stored them...
lambchop Great seller, super-fast responses, fast shipping and perfectly packaged.
Hiya - as I understand it Barrie is a bit less wide than Trubalance -- are they generally the same in terms of length? Do you wear the same size in these as Indys? (if you have a pair) Thanks!