or Connect

Posts by ryan82885

Starting a new job in two weeks that will require me to wear a suit everyday. I live in Manhattan so I've decided to check Suitsupply out this evening and get fitted for 2-3 new suits. I'm on the larger side -- 6 foot, 235 pounds, broad shoulders and stocky. Anything I should know about what to look for before going?
I have a suit, but it's a few years old and I already wore it to my first round of interviews this past week. After thinking about it, I'll probably just stick with the same suit for now but instead get a new shirt and tie combo for the next set of interviews Tuesday.
Haha, good point and I'm planning on stopping there this evening but I was hoping to get an idea of some alternatives that may give you a better value. Oh, I just found out the interview is this Tuesday afternoon.
Just learned I made it to the final round of an interview with senior partners at the firm and I'm looking to invest in a new suit that will help me look the part. I live in NYC and am about 6 foot, 235 pounds, 40/42" waist. I want something with pretty decent quality (at least that of Brooks Brothers) and am looking for a quick turnaround as I'm not sure when the interview is scheduled for but would think it might be next week. Any recommendations appreciated and let...
Yes, there is a fee according to AE's website but a small price to pay for comfort. Other than AE, are there any other companies who have a similar program? What about the next tier up of makers such as C&J? I'm just looking for an idea of all the options I have at my disposal. Thanks for everyone's help so far.
So is purchasing MTO shoes in two different sizes my only option? If so, what companies offer good MTO value around the Allen Edmonds price point ($400)? I'm looking for other vendors that do custom/MTO rather than just Allen Edmonds.
First things first, I hate my feet. They're way too wide and my left foot is an entire size bigger than my right foot. My at home measurements indicate that my left foot is 10 3/4 inches long and 4 1/2 inches wide -- according to a chart I found on the internet this should be a 10.5 EEE. My right foot measures in at 10 3/8 inches long and 4 1/2 inches wide -- equating to a 9.5 EEE. I've recently purchased two pairs of Allen Edmonds (Strands and Park Ave.) in a 9.5EEE...
This post is to commend Allen Edmonds customer service (they're great and patient) over my recent shoe buying experience. I finally decided to invest in some quality shoes for work/formal events and in the past eight months I've purchased two different pairs of Allen Edmonds shoes (Park Avenues and Strand), but neither of them have fit me. Both times I was sized in the store at different measurements, one time as a 10E and another as a 9.5EEE, but needless to say my feet...
I started a new job in NYC with a professional services firm this past December. I've come to realize I need a few pairs of good shoes for my wardrobe and have been doing some research but would like others opinions. I don't wear a suit often, I'm still a grunt and rarely see clients, so I mostly wear trousers and a button down shirt. My budget is flexible but I'm still young and living in NYC is anything but cheap. Here are the three shoes I was thinking of adding to...