or Connect

Posts by bobdobalina

I'm missing something, right? I've read Rippetoe and all that but for the life of me I can't figure out how these low-bar squats are supposed to work. Either: 1. I have the flexibility of a 75-year-old man, 2. I'm built very funny, or 3. these squats are best performed with chest parallel to the floor. Seriously-- no matter how I contort my shoulders and chest, there's no little shelf back there for the bar. And the recommended thumbless grip? Seriously? If I put...
You threw that remote pretty fucking hard, man.
Quote: Originally Posted by Big Punisher What's your exercise routine? Stronglifts 5x5. 3x/week. And much walking.
So, I quit smoking and I gained 15 lbs in 5 weeks.* My suits don't fit anymore. My underwear is too tight in the waist. I can't stop eating. I'll eat lunch at 1, and I'm famished by 3:30. I'll eat 500 calories (chicken, turkey, tuna, cottage cheese) at a sitting and I'll be unsated. Questions: 1. Are there really people in the world who can't gain weight? 2. I should start smoking again, right? 3. Am I really eating 1500 surplus calories a day?
Quote: Originally Posted by triniboy27 ^^^^^ You do realize that you're responding to a comment made in 2002, right? Of course I do. I get to Toronto once per year, maybe. After noticing a number of silly, resuscitated threads on the forum, I put the number "1" in the URL, hoping to find the oldest living thread. Then I committed a very minor troll, hoping to spur fond remembrances and advance a wistful discussion about the before time-- ...
Is Le Chateau still around?
Quote: Originally Posted by PocketCircle If I lived in NY, I would be afraid of being watched by this and that SFer all the time. The other day I saw foo (or perhaps his doppleganger) in my building, in fact. And you can bet your ass that I am watching.
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 i go to synergy, which has been nice enough to accommodate my requests for thick bars and trap bars and such. What's the difference between trap bar deadlifts and olympic bar deadlifts? I mean, I know what the difference is but what do the trap bar deadlifts do for someone?
Quote: Originally Posted by youngscientist If I understand him correctly he is talking about violent chavs, a special problem almost unique to the UK as far as I can tell, and you can be as confident as you like but the fact is if you walk past them and you are not wearing a tracksuit and trainers with your tracksuit tucked into your socks, or whatever their local uniform is you run the risk of attracting their attention. Short of setting fore...
Attachment 20914