or Connect

Posts by bobdobalina

A question more than a thought but today is the last of ten days off from the gym after what had been 3-4x/week lifting for about three months or so. I had been adding a pound per week to many of my lifts (or half a pound per workout-- I'm n00b enough that microweights are great and I never fail). So, if I was hypothetically doing 5x5 at 200lbs 10 days ago, do I go back to trying 5x5 at 200.5 lbs as if I never took a break, or should I deload a bit?
Excel 2007. I get a circular reference warning every 20 seconds. I know that I have a circular reference, because I put it there. But why is it "warning" me so frequently? And how do I stop it?
Quote: Originally Posted by Aparke612 The Woodsman Tartan is back!! I just grabbed it for $29.99 I know there are some of you on here who want it so go quick! It's really irritating that one can find it via a search engine, but not by using the menus on the site. I'm trying to figure out whether this is just incompetence, or if J.Crew has a valid business reason.
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 i have reverse seasonal effective disorder and am miserable all spring and summer Me too. And I have it bad. Summer just slays me-- I don't know whether it's psychological, or physical, but some combination of bright light and heat just knocks me on my arse. In winter, I can go all day long on six hours of sleep per night as long as I don't have to hang out somewhere the thermostat is cranked up. I'd...
Quote: Originally Posted by kmdsimpson I get the feeling they're cranking down the inventory, too. I think I mentioned this before, but seems like the stores get one shipment of new items, and that's it. Same result - less stuff left over to discount. Between their chart, their conference call transcripts, and their published financials, it's pretty obvious that they are completely on top of things. Retail is easy if you don't grow too big...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thomas RONG RONG RONG RONG RONG: BANANAPHONE!
You seem uniquely qualified to help me decide on a color palette for my back hair.
Quote: Originally Posted by Eason To look at a picture like that and say you can tell I've been to a gym is absurd, especially since that is the physique I train for. I wouldn't think it's necessary to take shirtless pictures and quote numbers, but nobody has ever said such a ridiculous thing. Goddammit, I don't know what it is about your face, but I wanna deliver a fist right in your suckhole. I don't even read what you're writing, because...
Quote: Originally Posted by hboogz By land value tax, do you mean your property taxes are directly tied to the perceived value of your land/property ? Mostly. Taxing labor and capital while not taxing land is both unjust and inefficient-- and it's something that leftists and rightists could agree on if they opened their minds.
1. Parisianish sidewalk cafes. 2. Sensible local government. 3. Housing supply (Not "affordable housing", just more housing) 4. A Land Value Tax 5. An east-west subway somewhere north of the 60s. 6. A wholesale cleanout of the MTA's ranks-- from janitors to upper management.