or Connect

Posts by bobdobalina

Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley A joke in what sense? Several forum members like 2 inch cuffs on their pants (I'm contemplating doing this with my next suit). A valid and stylistic suggestion. Shoes in a museum color is likely referring to JLs, obviously out-of-reach price wise for the OP. I guess that could be the joke, but still a great suggestion nonetheless. Everyone should have his own sense of style that is sometimes about...
I no longer go into that Filene's, as they never have anything worth a damn, Also, they usually have cheap fused suits made from Zegna cloth in the store, passing them off as "Ermenegildo Zegna Suits". I once discussed this with the menswear manager who "used to be a buyer" and he tried to assure me that "these are indeed Zegna suits. Just look at the internal label"-- which looked nothing like the label on the three Zegna suits I own.
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 I would do beefy 2 inch cuffs & get some killer shoes in a museum brown. FYI, vacuum ball dude, this post is very probably a joke.
What's a sensible 33 year old to do for a pair of nice jeans? Criteria: 1. Nothing that requires substantially more care than one would give to any other garment. 2. Look appropriate for a man of my age. 3. Less than, say, $300. 4. Trim, but in good taste. Nothing to reduce my sperm count. 5. Make my (relatively) fit body look good. Thanks. I am in Manhattan
Hey, Andy, what size are you?
Ever been to Federal Hill in Providence? I'm far too lowbrow to credibly argue about what's more "authentic," but I've gone 5/5 in Federal Hill, while batting about .250 in New York, and .000 in Boston. The food there is just, erm, better, in my experience. Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 There is more "real Italian" food in NYC than anywhere else outside of Italy. It's probably the most concentrated Italian diaspora in the world. I don't know...
Curse you, DrDucky. Beat me by 20 minutes. Ticket pockets are lame, anyways. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR STUPID TICKET POCKET!!!
You're not on Centre Street in Manhattan at this very moment, are you, Steve? If so, wouldn't you agree that the girl in the front row wearing the white sweater is pretty good looking?
I think that Fraser Steen (basement of the Royal York) may be able to help you. I have never patronised him but I have spoken with him at length and seen his work. You could do much worse.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiberias For what it's worth, in my firm, one of the larger consulting firms, business casual is the standard, but many people routinely dress a bit better than the typical business casual. The partners, in particular, always wear suits. As the partners are wearing suits, it's not surprising that the more ambitious of the managers and consultants will be attired likewise, regardless of what the firm policy is. I would find...