or Connect

Posts by DandySF

A quick check reveals that central Ohio weather is in the 50s today. Seems a bit chilly and premature to break out seersucker and linen.
I might as well reply to my own post now that I can answer the question. The roll of the collar is much more pronounced than the prior BB oxford cloth shirt. It's just two pieces of cloth at the collar and cuff, no interlining. The fit remains the same. The chest pocket has been deleted, in keeping with the "original" version. The color selection is a bit more interesting than I've seen in recent years, several solids and a handful of stripes. At the moment it...
Curious to know if anyone has any experience with this shirt? I've ordered one in purple; they didn't have the extra slim at the San Francisco store. The shirt is quite soft and unstructured, due to the lack of interlining. It's much softer than the non-iron shirts, which I will no longer be buying due to their sandpapery feel. http://magazine.brooksbrothers.com/american-icon-returns/
I trust you're enjoying a winter vacation in a warm climate, perhaps the Caribbean, rather than wearing this at home in Ohio.
@Chaconne I had the sleeves shortened and the buttons replaced with smoked mother of pearl, no waist suppression. Next time I have it on I'll see if it seems snug.
Spooky eBay modeling attempt http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-VINTAGE-CAMEL-HAIR-WOOL-OVERCOAT-WITH-HAND-STITCHED-COLLAR-FRONT-PANEL-/131694726879?hash=item1ea99e0edf:g:9ycAAOSwHaBWjfwr
Have to acknowledge the clever use of a period-correct font for your photo.
I've discovered grey jackets. Eidos jacket Loro Piana trousers My Tailor (Hemrajani) shirt Brooks Brothers tie Black Fleece jacket Brooks Brothers tie and shirt
One by one the original bespoke afficianados slowly packed their bags and left. Who were they? Manton, Iammatt, Mafoofan, Voxsartoria, and others whose names I've forgotten. I miss both their expertise and willingness to share their bespoke experiences. Maybe they simply outgrew the forum or felt what they contributed wasn't reciprocated.
I accept whatever it is the laundry does back there. I'm guessing the pleat goes somewhere to the middle of the back.