or Connect

Posts by DC_Brit

Pantherella used to have more merit, but got bought by Universal Stores and the quality went away faster than you can say "sock". Last time I popped by Savile Row a number of the tailors had rebranded some from Paris, made by Bourgeois (not completelty sure I remember that - might have been Bourjois). These are exactly sized, including half sizes. Both cotton (thinnest I've seen in a while), and also a superb wool. I ended up with 3 grey, 2 black and 2 burgundy. Life...
I am far from an esteemed memebr, but I do have one - a Solway zipper from 1982. Still going very strong. It's a bit like an old Land Rover really.
This is great information, and inspiring too. Thank you very much. Are all of these companies easily found via google, etc? If any are difficult to find, please could you post a link? Thanks in advance.
Another vote of confidence from me. I'd stress the nature of the products and the overall benefit of the slightly longer routine. Shaving is something to be taken fairly slowly. One of the best girlfriends thought that the ritual aspects with the oil, the brush, the slowness, the care, and the pouting made the whole thing very impressive. Almost an aphrodisiac...
Works well for me as well. Viva Citrus... I am sure there must be other more classical interpretations of this.
I think this requires a lot of practice and skill. I used to own one. I so wanted this to work and to free me from regular payments to the Gilette company. I had great enthusiasm and willingness to practice. But I met with failure. I just could not seem to get it sharp enough, or perhaps angle the blade right. It felt incredibly rough and I gave up after 4 tries, feeling rather foolish. Since then I have welcomed the simplicity of keeping up with technology, though...
So, a quick report on The Grooming Lounge. Really very good. This was my first spa experience, so I am not familiar with qualities elsewhere. Anyway, I've not seen anything else in the DC area that seems as well suited to men and designed with their needs in mind. I had a manicure and pedicure, and also a "Power Facial". Certainly the staff know what they are doing and I do look and feel a whole lot better. So thumbs up. I will revisit again in a month or so. Oh, and I'd...
Also noticed them on HBO's "K Street" Booked in for next Saturday afternoon...
Just to widen this a teeny bit - much water will always help. Difficult to have too much and what a difference it makes. Plus I personally find a shot of wheatgrass juice really helps the whole system along, but phew I need the ornge juice chaser.
Nice topic idea. Two things spring to mind. 1. Heard here in DC: "Dress for the job you want to have." 2. Remembered from elsewhere: "Manners maketh Man."