or Connect

Posts by johnaus

Go back and read my original post, specifically, " Ignoring that the power of money, is that it allows you to make more money really fast". What I was saying is, ignoring the fact that you can use 1b to do all kinds of shit mere mortals like I can't (ie, do way, way better things than hopefully marginally beat inflation by putting it in a savings account..)Yep, I'm aware of that, Just trying to say that at a SUPER conservative rate (if he just plunked it into a savings...
Huh.. I can't work out why a real billionaire would even want to do this. Ignoring that the power of money, is that it allows you to make more money really fast.... If he was worth $1b and dropped it into a stock standard savings account at 5.25%, which is what my local bank is offering (http://www.commbank.com.au/personal/accounts/savings-accounts/netbank-saver/rates-fees.aspx) He would be making $5,993.15 per hour in interest. Why would someone like that (who I assume...
Nope, OP bought the house as an end of street property with no neighbours on that side (presumably because they couldn't get building approval due to the end of the street eating into the block.) OP has the most to lose (potentially a view out that side + months of construction.) So if the others want to sell, they should make it financially worth their while.
I strongly recommend you pick a fight with the biggest guy who works there. That way everyone knows not to mess with you. In all seriousness, what I would probably do is try to keep my head down for a week or two and get an understanding the place. Work out who achieves and who is a derp. Who you seem to have things in common with and who you instantly dislike.. After that, offer to buy them a beer, lunch etc and introduce yourself.. If one of them is senior, offer to buy...
If you don't mind me asking.. Is this a bad attitude to have?My father always told me to act & dress for where I want to be, not where I am.... Sure some people have given me shit for it, but so far it seems like it is working well. Now I'm worried it is secretly pissing my boss off or something...
'Street Pharmacist.'- I like Iron manLots of time to watch TV when you've 'sampled your own merch' and can't sleep for 3 days.- I like chemistry/biology (especially anatomy&physiology)/science in general (except physics)Can't run a meth lab without chemistry and the anatomy part will be useful for sewing up your colleagues when they get shot or a lab explodes.- I like clothesYou are your own boss, want to wear buttless chaps all day? that's fine. Want to grow a seedy...
I'm quite fresh into my career, but the outlook I've taken on it is that I've never really met anyone I'd deem successful that has got there by working Monday - Friday 8 hour days. Success takes hard work.
I don't get whats funny, i actually agree with this guy.."Why would we want a thoroughly boring Porsche? Engine sounds like a vacuum cleaner. We could have had any Porsche excepting the obvious like GT2 and Carrera GT for the price of the Granturismo S, but P-cars are caught in no-mans land. There are better cars for the track, and far better cars for the road."I've never been impressed by the sound of a porsche (to be fair, Maserati engine noise doesn't do it for me...
I don't get whats funny, i actually agree with this guy.."Why would we want a thoroughly boring Porsche? Engine sounds like a vacuum cleaner. We could have had any Porsche excepting the obvious like GT2 and Carrera GT for the price of the Granturismo S, but P-cars are caught in no-mans land. There are better cars for the track, and far better cars for the road."I've never been impressed by the sound of a porsche (to be fair, Maserati engine noise doesn't do it for me...
This makes me resent living in Australia.I work in an aussie city and see 7 series bmw's by the dozen. I see Ferrari's & Lambos doing laps in the nicer areas on a friday night. I've seen maybe 2 maserati's in the last 12 months.That makes them exotic to me... Plus an 08 granturismo here would cost $184,000 USD for the cheapest one on the market. I could buy an 09 GT-R for $70,000 less or an 05 ferrari 360 f-1 spider for similar money.