or Connect

Posts by ctrlaltelite

$400 shipped CONUS, $430 shipped international. Up for grabs are a brand new pair of Maison Martin Margiela Line 22 Ankle Boots, seen here for a sale price of $498, and that's before shipping. Plus, they only have them in a size 7. These are a size 42, equivalent to a US 9. They're inspired by a military boot worn by bomber pilots in the 1940s. The leather is pre-aged in an artisanal manner, and there are handmade rubberized details towards the bottom of the boot and...
Words and Photos by Jian DeLeon Ian Paley's run the gamut in a variety of British brands. From the streetwear vernacular of OneTrueSaxon to the decidedly higher-end Paul Smith, his four-year-old brand Garbstore has always been a mixture of the past, present, and future. Wanting to create history-referencing pieces and combining them with a modern edge, he takes this one step further by combining classic tweeds with modern synthetics like Primaloft. rack of...
interesting layering pieces from gilded age, check that placket.   Words by Jian DeLeon Photos by Jay Wen   Stefan Miljanic's Gilded Age has always been weird in the sense that it combines quality craftsmanship (its name is an homage to the industrial revolution) with super-distressed looks. Much of the line's denim collection consisted of washes in a market where raw denim was king. If last season's theme was a tropical getaway, this fall is a reminder...
i got posted on one of those street style blogs recently:
Quote: Originally Posted by ahjota Love the corduroy woodblock-patterned shirt. Any notes on retailers carrying Reyn Spooner? Or would it just be best to hit their webshop? here's their customer service contacts, they should be able to help you out: Phone: (866) 558-1067 Email: custsvc@reynspooner.com
no set date yet, purportedly later this year.
reyn spooner's trademark inside-out fabric, emulating a sunwashed fade. Words by Jian DeLeon Photos by Jay Wen   Reyn's began as a Hawaiian-inspired shirtmaker on California's Catalina Island. When it made its formal move to Oahu's Ala Moana shopping center as one of the burgeoning mall's flagship stores, it somehow acquired the moniker of the "Brooks Brothers of the Pacific." This may be due to founder Reyn McCullough's establishment of "Aloha Fridays" on the...
reid's telltale label, also note the awesome lining.   Words by Jian DeLeon Photos by Jay Wen   Hot on the heels of his GQ win for "Best Menswear Designer of the Year" and the resulting (and rather competent) Levi's Collaboration, Alabama good old boy Billy Reid stabs further westward with his Fall/Winter 2011 line. Plenty of these pieces seem a natural fit with his Stetson hat collaboration, a collection that skews more "Boardwalk Empire" than "Mad Men" in...
i think it may be the same rare horween leather that they've done in loafer form: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...n-Penny/Detail
leather patch on a yuketen bag. note the prominence of the maine guide boot. Words by Jian DeLeon Photos by Ryan Kibler When we last visited Yuki Matsuda, Pete and Albert were lucky enough to get in a few words with the very busy man. I was not as fortunate. Surrounded by a gaggle of buyers and bloggers, the Yuketen booth at (capsule) proved to be pretty popular. My photographer Ryan and I decided to focus on what was most important: the product. Yuketen...