or Connect

Posts by Taylorstav

I like your burgundy sweater, you could wear that on its own with a jacket and no dress shirt. The turtleneck with jacket is proving a popular look this fall. Your navy suit looks okay, can't comment on fit. I don't even mind the windowpane one. You do need serious help in the pocket square and tie department. One thing if suggest is to avoid the super shiny stuff. With the stuff you have I'd err on the conservative side. I wouldn't go wild with colours, focus on time...
Can you post a picture of your burgundy sweater?
To give you an example at my Christmas party (which was fairly casual) I wore: 1. Rough wool plaid sport coat in a gray/brown colour. 2. Plain white shirt 3. Solid grey wooly tie. 4. Deep plum coloured pants, (more on the casual side) 5. White pocket square. 6. Brown suede loafers with blue tassles.
Throw your black suit in the garbage. I can think of no opportunity where a black suit is more appropriate than a charcoal gray one. The only time a black suit should be worn is a tuxedo in my opinion. Navy is a MUCH better option. Is it a solid navy? Before we even get into fit, I'd say: 1. Navy suit 2. Maybe a micro-check shirt of some kind. 3. Burgundy sweater. (Gets your red bases covered) 4. Tie optional. Mossy green would be nice. 5. Shoes can be brown or black, I...
Are you open to purchasing new clothes?
Not loving any of the options here.
I demand you take that back good sir!!
Navy>Black
Oh yes, definitely four in hand. It's the only knot you'll ever need. Make sure you have a dimple in the tie too. Like mine below...
I'm a huge fuzz pedal nerd. To the core. Hahaha