or Connect

Posts by DSKent

Quote: A general rule of thumb: with designer stuff, most of the time, if it's logo-wear, it's fake.  There are exceptions of course, like Versace and Gaultier. I think that's a bad rule. Just look at D&G, Gucci (the belts, for instance), Prada Sport (at least the previous red stripe gear), Vuitton, or the female Dior stuff. They plaster their logos all over items other than handbags, although much less now than in previous seasons.
Quote: I myself am a rather large fan of Rene Magritte, and the allusion of "This is not a pipe." by Magritte I thought quite clever. The usage of this by D&G I think is soemwhat unoriginal. Don't give D&G too much credit guys. I thought of the depiction of the pipe also, but it said "This is a FAKE Dolce and Gabbana Shirt," not "This is not a Dolce and Gabbana shirt" (even so, the shirt is still not clever since the designer clearly would've...
Quote: I sort of like those, although I prefer that the joke be just a tad more sophisticated (such as the Stussy riffs on the Louis Vuitton logo). I have to agree, though, that, at $125 a tee-shirt, the joke is on the guy who bought it. Don't get me wrong here. I think the shirts are funny and it's nice that D&G has a sense of humor, but those who actually wear these shirts thinking they're 'fashionable' are rather pathetic.
What I think is the most tacky is the logowear that makes fun of logowear, specifically the Dolce and Gabbana stuff ("I am wearing a FAKE Dolce and Gabbana Shirt", spray-painted "X" over D&G logo, etc.). Do people who wear this think it's clever? Well, it's not. And at $125 for a t-shirt, I think these sort of items do nothing except show the wearer's lack of both originality and taste.
I ended up buying the glasses for $75. I'm not concerned with the imitation factor mostly because down here (in FL) most designer eyeware for guys (except in the nicer areas and by the beach) consists of Oakley and Ray-Ban. I do care about the brand name, but only because my experience with eyeware has been that designer glasses hold up better than their cheaper counterparts (I've had the same pair of Giorgio Armani eyeglasses for four years - quite a long time for me to...
You should always remember this: it may have taken your interviewer 30 or 40 years to get to the level they're at. It took them 40 years to be able to purchase the suit they're wearing or the house they live in. Many people are jealous of people who seem to be doing better than them, especially if that person is younger than they are. Having older relatives who have had to interview in the past, I can tell you of several instances where they'd come home and tell stories...
Thanks for the reply.  Yes, the make them in many colors (black, azure, brown, green, lime) for both men and women.  I feel better knowing at least one other male owns a pair of these glasses.  I also think that in blue, lime, and black, the glasses are more suited for a man (as women tend to often buy the brown ones). They're 90 on Bluefly, which I don't mind paying since they sell for $200-250 in the sunglass stores down here and aren't really offered cheaper...
So I'm looking for some new "fashionable" sunglasses. When shopping for sunglasses online, I see that I like a few of the Gucci and Prada ones (probably because they're more conservative than Dior or Versace). However, at local stores, a few of the Gucci designs I like are all designated as women's even though they are designated men's or unisex online. I've seen people of both sexes wear them, but I still am a bit worried about buying a pair of girl's glasses. Could some...