or Connect

Posts by DSKent

I have yet to see any discussion of hats on this forum, and I have often wondered about what others think of them. I lived most of my life in a tropical climate. When I was a kid, I had lots of caps, but I never had any hats that were meant to keep my head warm. Now that I'm living up here, I need something to keep my head warm in all these blizzards. At the same time, I don't want to look like an idiot. I know I would look stupid wearing a bucket hat, and not so sure...
Been thinking of going to NM and Saks to load up on some things. But I'm a bit confused as to when their sales this month are. Also, I never really shopped at Neimans before since there weren't ever any near where I lived. Now that there is one really convenient to where I am, could someone please explain the whole first call/last call thing? It seems to me that they have some small discounts at first call and some much bigger ones at the last call, and then after that...
I know that suits can be worn casually, as I have worn them casually in the past (no tie, top button unbuttoned look). I spend most of my time (when I'm not at school) either in Palm Beach, NY, or DC. In NY or DC, I could get away with having only a solid black sportcoat. However, in Palm Beach - and even sometimes in DC - the blue blazer with gold buttons is almost required at certain social events. I used to have them as a little kid, but I figured as I grew up, I could...
I'm a college student, so I have a lot of casual wear. And I have a small assortment of suits thanks to my parents. My problem, though, is that I don't have that much in between what I consider casual (jeans and polo) and semi-formal (suit). Lately, I've been finding myself at functions and events where a suit seems too formal and a dress shirt and khakis is too casual. So I've come to the conclusion that I need some kind of sportcoat or blazer. I was thinking I would get...
First of all, earrings? Two or more? Definitely not. Coming from another person in your age group (that is unless your parents are kicking you out after 35 years on the basement couch), I don't think earrings have been 'cool' since I was in elementary and middle school. IMHO, earrings represent the antithesis of style. When I picture guys with 2 earrings, I usually think of those guys who shave all their body hair, wear sheer clothing, and go to tanning salons -- all in...
Now that winter is coming and I'm back in a climate where I have to worry about the snow, I've decided to get a pair of boots.  I don't want anything too fancy since most of the time I dress very casual (most of my wardrobe is Diesel, PDC, etc.).  I also don't want to break the bank.  I really like these: I really like the soles.  Also, I really like Prada Sport stuff (despite the fact that I don't own any Prada Sport shoes).  But I can't find them in my size on...
I'll be stopping by Woodbury Common in two weeks or so. I've been to a few outlet malls before, but never one with really high-end outlets (although I have shopped at Off 5th and Last Call). Anyway, I was wondering which designer outlets are worth shopping at? Are there really significant discounts to be found at Diesel, Armani, and the like or will I mostly be finding old items at not-so-great prices? Please give me opinions on the boutiques with the best selection and...
Quote: The price is quite a bit higher than, say, Desmonds, but they have some very nice looking suits and tuxes (unfortunately, too pricey for this poor college student). What do these tuxes run and do you know the name?
Is there any place on the web or a chain where it's possible to rent formalwear from better brands, such as Zegna? I see them for sale all over the place, but I guess because of the cost of replacing them, no one rents them.
I never was a fan, but now I'm starting to see a few companies who are making driving shoes that I like, including Tod's and Donald Pliner and even the knockoff ones that J. Crew is selling. I've considered buying them on several occasions but have stopped myself each time because (A) I have a feeling that I'm too young for them and (B) I have no idea what I'd wear them with, other than khaki shorts. My jeans are pretty much all Diesel (Kratt) and I don't think they'd look...