or Connect

Posts by DSKent

Quote: Interestingly enough, HDTV has existed since the early 90's, but it was not made available by the broadcast media until recently, plus only a few top-of-the-line TV's came with HDTV compatibility. The Japanese company NHK actually started developing the technology in the early 1970s and the first demonstration was, I believe, with CBS in 1981.  The reason it hasn't caught on until now is because it took quite a while for the FCC to decide on...
The prices on the polos are cheaper down there than at the Lacoste stores or at department stores. If I recall, the typical polo was $49 (if I recall correctly, these were the "designed in France, made in Peru" shirts). Non-standard colors and patterns could be had for even less. Also worth mentioning: when I was at Saks at the Gardens mall in PBG, they had a few shirts in non-standard colors (meaning grey, pale yellow, etc.) on sale as part of the finale sale. Saks on...
I've never seen that particular shirt, but since you're in Boca, you should stop by the Lacoste store at Town Center and ask. If it's an older shirt, you could also try the Lacoste outlet at Sawgrass Mills.
To come to the defense of one of my favorite pairs of shoes, I actually really like the Ferragamo loafers.  I have a pair of the even more casual ones.  Granted, I think they are overpriced for what they are, but for those of us who were lucky enough to get them at a significant discount, I think they are great.  When I've worn mine, I've received many compliments, most of which are along the lines of "nice shoes" and not "nice Ferragamos" (someone last week asked if...
Thanks for all the help, the Trafalgar belts look like my best bet. I could actually use 2 dark brown belts (I have another dark brown pair of dress shoes), so I might pick up the Trafalgar to wear with the dress shoes and try to find another one for the loafers. LabelKing: you mentioned Gucci does matching items, and I could've sworn I saw a belt to match these at NM, but alas, there wasn't one at the store (although with Last Call, there isn't much of anything) and...
Bought a new pair of shoes this weekend, a dark brown pair of Gucci loafers with brass hardware (can be seen here).  However, a trip out to my local NM and Saks yielded no matching belts except one ugly Ferragamo one.  It's tricky because (a) they're so dark and (b) the gold color.  I thought I used to see gold/brown belts everywhere, but even the big department stores like Macys had nothing.  Not even a decent reversible with an all-gold buckle (they had plenty of...
Mike: I don't know if you were addressing me or LA Guy. I wasn't interested in buying shoes from this guy. He doesn't even have my size I was just curious about the extent to which things like this are faked there. I guess I would've thought that if they took the time to fake the whole shoe, they would also fake a dustbag or box so it could fetch twice as much. I only came across these because I was trying to find a pair in my size from a more genuine seller. All the...
I've never been to Hong Kong myself, but I've been told by friends that fake pieces from any designer you can imagine (from Boss to Brioni) can be had on the streets.  I still thought, though, that besides shirts and other obvious items, things like shoes were not really faked because of the amount of work that would have to go into producing a quality replica of a well-known designer shoe, like Prada.  Am I mistaken in thinking this? The reason this came to mind is...
I won a code for 10% for today: BTUXNJA. I don't know if they keep track of these or not or if they only allow each code to be used once, but since I'm not going to buy anything today anyway, feel free. If anyone gets a 20% coupon, please post.
Not much here, really... 1 pair Ferragamo Signature Loafers 1 pair Johnston & Murphy lace-ups 1 pair Prada Sport trainers 1 pair Donald Pliner loafers 1 pair Kenneth Cole boots 2 or 3 few pairs of Nike running shoes But I'm working on adding to my collection now that my employment status has changed.