or Connect

Posts by DSKent

There is at least one item on that list that I'm reasonably sure is from me. Makes me wonder, though, if there is anyone else here using the site. Hmmm.
Quote: Actually, I think on the fencing inspired shoes, you can remove the guards and just use them as regular shoes. Probably, but I was talking about the standalone, unisex shinguards.
I haven't followed the Puma-designer collaborations too closely over the past few seasons, but what little I did see from Jil Sander and the like didn't really impress me. I have to admit that I like a lot of the 96 Hours line and the whole case thing, while overpriced, is a great concept. When I'm in NYC next, I'll have to check the line out. Just don't expect to see me wearing the shin guards over my jeans anytime soon.
I think that the best bet in most cases like this is to contact the company who manufactured the watch and try to find out if you can send it to one of their service centers.  Usually, if you take it to a store that carries that brand, they can take care of sending it there for you. However, with a lot of these older pocketwatches, the makers are no longer in business.  What I would do if I were you is to check out some watch forums (a la timezone) and search for that...
I know Prada does a lot of "ski wear", mostly through the Sport line (even though I've heard that there is a whole seperate line of ski wear that's just really impossible to find), and most of the Prada Sport jackets and pants and stuff can be found at any Neimans.  Come to think of it, though, I think the pants they sell are snowboard pants.  In any case, I know a lot of the stuff is Goretex and I've really been wanting to buy their 3-in-1 jacket for quite some...
To loosely quote Mr. Clinton: it depends on what the meaning of the word 'fake' is. I would venture to say that most of the 1950s-1960s Omegas, Rolexes, and the like that are on eBay weren't purchased out of a suitcase.  However, the history of the watch is often more important than its origin (the manner in which it was purchased). If a watch changes hands (or wrists) many times over the years, chances of all the parts being original are slim.  A lot of times,...
Thanks to all those in this thread who helped me locate it.  I swung by Nordstroms while I was in Boca and picked some of the cologne and aftershave up -- I've been looking for this stuff for months. I also noticed that you're a watch connoisseur, Jon, and was wondering if you have had any experience with Tourneau in Palm Beach.  I have them doing some work on some watches I brought in and saw a few pieces I liked there.  I found the salesmen to be a bit too snooty for...
That's really funny -- I actually just noticed those shoes on the NM site earlier this morning and showed them to some friends. Surely you must have the matching hair-calf suit to pair the shoes with...
Been there before, never met Eitan.  Do they really have it there?  I thought I checked there once and was told by a saleswoman that they didn't carry it, but I'm probably thinking of another store.  Thanks for the tip.  I looked pretty much everywhere else at that mall and at the Gardens and couldn't find it.
I know colognes have been discussed ad nauseum around here, but I had one question that I thought someone could help me out with.  A few months ago, at NM at Mazza Gallerie in DC (or MD, I guess), I sampled Kiton for Men and really liked it.  Since I was only in town for the weekend, I decided to hold off and purchase it when I got home.  However, for the past few months, every Saks or NM I've been to hasn't carried the fragrance.  I really would like to sample it...