or Connect

Posts by DSKent

Well I paid $795 for my Proposta (BNWT) at Saks. I believe it was marked down, but I needed the suit for a function the following day and wasn't paying for it in any case, so I didn't pay much attention. I have seen them retail for even higher, though, so I would have to say that 350-400 for one is a superb deal. I have gotten quite a bit of use out of mine. I can't speak for Z, as I only have purchased the other Zegna lines.
I own a Canali Proposta that is not fused. It's a herringbone gray 3-button that I really like. I also own suits from the normal Canali line, and like others have said, I don't see much of a difference in terms of quality. The Proposta line is just marketed toward younger people; it is not analogous to Armani black label vs. Collezioni.
Quote: in my experience, prada doesn't stand behind their stuff at all, leading me to not support their products..  the nyc store will send things to the 'lab' for examination and a determination as to the cost of the replacement.. nothing has ever been offered without charge for a clearly defective product.. on another note, as i'm sure you're aware, driving mocs aren't designed to be worn outdoors/for walking around- that's why they have those little...
Quote: I had a similar experience with Paraboot in London. I'd owned the shoes for several years and -- through no real fault of my own (i.e., I took good care of these shoes.) -- the leather developed small cracks in the shoes' creases. I took the shoes into their  SR showroom; they sent them off to France; within a few weeks, Paraboot called to tell me to come in and pick up my new shoes. I was so appreciative of the gesture, I bought another pair of shoes...
Quote: These shoes, is there some defect you are refering to?  Have the soles fallen off unexpectedly?  Maybe the moc stitch on the Gucci shoes completely unraveled?  If something like this has happened, take them (or send them) back to the store of purchase to get an opinion.  If they simply have been worn to the point of needing replacement, that is your responsibility.  If your hidden point is "these shoes are getting old now and I really would like a...
I have to admit I was completely ignorant to this practice until last year, when a friend of mine told me that he was sending a pair of Nikes back to get them replaced with a brand new pair, apparently because Nikes come with a lifetime warranty (if only I had known this 10 years ago). In any case, a few months later, another friend's Ferragamo loafers got a bit ripped up. He somehow contacted Ferragamo and they told him to send the shoes in. A few weeks later, they had...
Quote: Are there seriously no actually MP3 players that aren't all small and portable? There is NO company that has made an MP3 player like a stereo? Kinda weird to me... If you think about this for a minute, the answer is very clear.  The reason most MP3 players are small is because (a) most of them need to be portable to cater to the demands of the consumer and (b) the means by which music is transferred to the player. So far as b goes, it's easy...
PHV: Why not go with AirTunes? You would make the playlists in iTunes on your PC (which is 1,000 times easier than doing it on some small LCD on a standalone unit) and you could have it wirelessly connected to a stereo anywhere else in your house. Also, I don't think it relies on your soundcard since I believe (although I may be wrong) that it connects to your computer through USB (not line out) and then to your stereo through its aux input. It's very cost-effective and...
If you want simple and inexpensive and don't want to have to transfer your MP3s from your computer onto another device, then what you want is this: http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/airtunes.html
I also have some interest in this question as I will be in NYC that week.