or Connect

Posts by DSKent

Quote: Very nice suits indeed and the Corneliani ties in my collection are among my favourite ties; they knot so well. I was so looking forward to placing my order, but alas, there are no 40R's in any of the ones I like. Oh well.
Some very interesting items on sale. Are all Polo suits made by Corneliani? If so, the prices (sub-$500) after applying that coupon make them pretty good buys. I may pick one or two up.
Quote: People here are mad, mad I tell you it was a disgrace seeing how grown women and 14 year old little brats were all acting alike. Any marketing professor would tell you that Lagerfeld is effectively killing his brand equity by abandoning the high end niche and being asscociated with low cost retail but seeing how people were acting on the launch of H&M by Lagerfeld I'd say that there is a whole new market out there and loads of money to be made. Wouldn't...
I was looking for those same boots, although in a different size, at about this time last year and I believe I even posted here about them. I would just have to echo the advice concerning Yoox, Bluefly, Smartbargains, but also to check eBay regularly as things like that do tend to pop up (sometimes even new). You could also try your local upscale outlets as they may carry stuff from a few seasons ago (I've seen Prada Sport shoes from 3 years ago at NM Last Call outlets).
Bond. James Bond. Sorry, had to be done, but really, most of the Bond films are very stylish.  So far as recent movies go, I would have to say Lost in Translation -- I'm a big fan of Helmut Lang suits.
Quote: The F50 is an incredible machine.  "Turns like an SUV" is the most laughable thing I have read in a long time.  I don't even know how to respond to that. how did you like Cavallino???  It's a great event.  The F40 guy had trouble parking, huh?  what a wimp   .  Just kidding, but it's no different from any other car.  Of course, in a Countach or Diablo, there may as well be no rear window at all. First off, to address the comment about...
Quote: My cousins Ferrari F50, about 180 mph down I-95 between Sample Rd and Yamato Rd. This was somewhere in the early morning, I think around 4 am, if I can recall. I was in a McLaren F1 once, but I did not drive and was only taken for a joyride; the side seats are really uncomfortable and small. I usually average 80-100 mph on my daily commute (on 45 mph roads. Yeah, I'm a maniac.), at the same time I always use my blinker and when there are accidents or...
I own shoes that are Prada size 12, which is about US13.  I haven't had much of a problem getting the larger size, but I don't know if they typically sell anything greater than US13 in most stores here in the US. Also, I agree that some of the shoes do have mediocre designs.  Besides some of the more casual loafers, I'm not a big fan of the actual Prada line, but I do like the look of most of the Prada Sport trainers and own several of them.  I've found that the...
Quote: DSKent-  Thanks. May I ask what's the brand name and model of the shoe you bought? Oops, I guess it's not too obvious from the photo, but those are the Gucci horsebit driving mocs in dark brown.  They also come in black with gold hardware, I believe.
I was lucky enough to score a pair of these just a few weeks ago: They're great and I've gotten a lot of nice compliments while wearing them, but like many have said, they're not the best for heavy walking. However, I think I may be able to help out.  One thing I'm surprised no one here has mentioned is that Cole Haan was using the horsebit on every other pair of loafers they made a few seasons ago.  In fact, they still do.  The good news is that not only are these...