or Connect

Posts by DSKent

Quote: I don't really have a problem with it.  I have a France made Lacoste shirt and a Peru made one and I can tell no difference whatsoever. I agree.  An interesting story: I bought a bunch of Lacoste polos off the Saks site a year or two ago.  They were all "Made in France," but I mistakenly ordered them all in the wrong size.  So I brought them to the Saks store to exchange them and I didn't notice until I got home that the ones from the store...
Looks like the Jimmy Choo thing is gone, just when I go to place a huge order. Anyone still have any 20% codes that haven't been used? Thanks.
I find that some things are current, most are a few seasons old. I don't know about 'insanely over-priced' given the retail prices of many of the items, but surely some items are much better bargains than others. I have purchased some Helmut Lang jeans from Yoox before, on sale for less than $50US. The items that I've ordered have all shipped from Italy.
Quote: I'm getting to this late in the thread, but as for DC restaurants, I don't agree with Cafe Milano. Its very overhyped, food wise. Some celebs have been seen there, so therefore its a hotspot. It has very little to hold its hat on, and I am surprised it is still so popular. People just like celeb sightings, so they go, so its popular. Really not worth it, imo. I think most people agree that people don't really go to Cafe Milano for the food. But...
What? How does that POSSIBLY work?
Just wanted to let everyone know how helpful this thread has been. I have a nephew who is in college now and has interests in both finance and technology, so he was considering going into either investment banking and working as a technology analyst or going into the tech department. I shared with him all the negatives of working as an analyst or associate (80 hour work weeks, etc.), but I had never spoken to someone involved in the actual IT departments. I was able to...
Wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but I am going to be in NYC for a few days, but will be on a pretty tight schedule.  I would like to pick up a nice gift for my better half during that time, however, when it comes to jewellery, I'm admittedly an idiot. I mean, I know the difference between a VVS1 and SI3 diamond and generally have some idea of what things are worth, but I think that I all too often end up spending more as I end up in places like Tiffany, Cartier,...
There are lots of places that I've been that I thoroughly enjoy.  However, there are some places that one just must go to at some point, and among my favorites are: Cafe Milano (Georgetown, DC) -- When I'm in and out of DC, I make it a priority to dine here.  The food is amazing, but more important is the atmosphere and service.  I've never been disappointed, and it is absolutely the place to see and be seen.  Forget all those overpriced steakhouses near the Hill,...
What operating system are you running? What you're going to want to do is restart your computer in safe mode and then run virus scan. The problem is that a virus scan running in normal mode cannot delete a running process. If you're running Windows XP, you'll have to restart your computer and press F8 before Windows starts to load. For more information on how to boot into safe mode (in XP or any other version of Windows), check this site.
Any other info on the Barney's sale? I will be stopping in New York for a few days, but I'm working on a tight schedule and want to try to figure out where my free time would be best spent. Right now, my only definite destination is MoMA.