or Connect

Posts by Quarks

Thanks gentleman. This is extraordinary.
Andrew, great interview. Enjoyed the read. The Rake is one of, if not, the best gentleman's magazine available today. Not that you already do not know that. Thanks once again.
Talking about an aggressive cut, I know Wetherby has an aggressive cut on the jacket (matched with clownish pleated pants which I am not a fan of) but has since been discontinued.Did you by any chance see another cut another than a windsor?Having a browse at the made-to-measure book recently, there is Spencer cut that seemed to have a more aggressive look than the windsor. I am guessing it is a Base B? The lapels are wider like the Wetherby, with the pants a tad slimmer...
Windsor is Base A. A size up/down is a huge difference. Consider wisely.
I was about to suggest Thom Sweeney but clearly above your budget. Personally, I would save up for it. So far from what I have seen, Thom Sweeney impresses me quite a lot. Crombie suits may fit your range but I would call and ask. But I reckon is a different league from TS.
I have not seen any of that rayon fabric mix in Tom Ford. At least not here & HK. I have just recently gone through the swatches for a possible MTM suit, did not encounter that mix at all. But comparing the earlier TF suits and the present ones, there seemed to have subtle differences in fit (Base A/ Fit A). Earlier TF are more snug in fit - armholes slightly higher in earlier 2009/10 and arm sleeves slightly smaller in circumference. Not noticeable outright but difference...
I have just received my RLPL Savile Row suit and it fits wonderfully. When I removed the suit out of the box, and tried it on for the first time. I dreaded the feeling that I may have made a serious mistake. It was a big risk without having tried on Savile Row cut. But I was very happy that it fitted so nicely all around, including the pants with adequate leg opening. I must say it has a slightly different feel compared to Drake. Drake is too fitted in the size that I...
I have read this whole thread from the start to end and I am floored by the knowledge that has been imparted through this discussion. Makes me want to throw out my suits and start from scratch. Amazing fit seen from the pictures and I am thoroughly impressed. The latest Rake has Cifonelli on the cover, and the article on them has triggered my interest.....
It is rarity these days to find a suit with trousers with appropriate leg opening width. Suits mostly has gone slim fit and leg opening width has become smaller. Suits that comes with trousers with wider leg opening create allowance to taper to my own liking. This has become a rarity. If there is one thing I am most particular about, it would be the leg opening width. I am 5"9 and I prefer my leg opening to be 8". No slimmer than that.
My first encounter with purple label was the Drake cut. I wear size 36R (EU46) for most suits. For the Drake cut, I had to take 38R as 36R is way too fitting all around. And the trousers fit extremely well with 38R. I am quite surprised how slim it the cut is. I have just invested on a Savile Row cut on size 36R without having tried on to explore the cut, and it is enroute to me as I type. I will post my thoughts on the cut compared to the Drake. Thus far, I rarely...