or Connect

Posts by Quarks

I began to walk away from Tom Ford when he started making O'connor's suits. His windsor collection has been lacking. In the past 2-3 seasons have been a deviation from my tastes these days. Undeniably I still admire some of fabrics in the collection. Majority of things have been a miss. This one is no different. Apart from the shoes and the occasional shirts, and formal tux wear, I am looking elsewhere.
Max verre is one of the makers. Not sure which other maker but i highly doubt ferragamo makes them.
I hereby present to you Megathread of TOM FORD suits of rare sizes/ fabric/ patterns of all sorts for your consideration. These suits have been sitting in wardrobe and most of them are NWT and others are hardly worn (*Below are a list of a few. More will be listed up.**Below prices are only for the suits/ suit jackets only. Hangers unfortunately are not included.***Prices includes shipping anywhere on the globe - only for SF members.**** reserve the right to close the sale...
Once a year, master tailor from Tom Ford visits Harrolds for MTM. Costs runs from AUD$ 7,000 - AUD$12,000 and above, depending on fabric. Takes 6-8 weeks. Give Harrolds a call if interested. Ask for James/ Marco for advice. And no, I am not affiliated with them or whatsoever.
It does come in Euro 44/ US 34 because I have seen it in stock before and I have 2 suits in that size (I usually wear Eu 46). It may appear they do not stock them in that size. It is odd as I saw that size in Selfridges before, this year and the year before.
Unique fabric. If it suits you and wearing just for occasions, just buy it. Make to order an extra pair of pants if concerned abt wear and tear. $1.2K for a pair of pants shldnt be any issue given your collection of TF suits. But check fabric availability. Quite a number of TF fabrics from previous seasons are no longer available.
I feel for you and I hope you get it sorted. There will be no way they will replace you with a new jacket unfortunately.
He does other job nicely but he is just not familiar with tailoring shoulder work for TF suits. All these at my own expense. Not happy at all. I would always approach with caution when working around shoulders. It is better to work on end of the sleeves than to meddle with shoulders. That is why majority of RTW TF suits in boutiques have unfinished sleeves. Again based on my own experiences, even then, depending on how picky you are (u have to be when purchasing such...
I had a TF suit messed up by a highly regarded tailor (prev a MTM tailor for E. Zegna) after a sleeve alteration from the shoulders. The robing of the shoulders in the TF were wrecked and it never wears the same again. Never allow anyone to touch the shoulders, no matter how 'experienced' they are unless they made the jacket themselves.
Thanks gentleman. This is extraordinary.