or Connect

Posts by Ivwri

Thanks for the comments, thumbs and feedback guys . Almost didn't put the photos up for fear of being overshadowed by my little girl, but I decided to suck it up and learn to deal with it. @StevenE the wife and I are working on her Yohji debut. Probably take another year or two, but we will get there. For now, my sister is handling her wardrobe (among all the gifts we got/keep getting) so quite a few baby Chloe and Stella McCartney incoming
Nothing else to add kgfan5 other than I really like that look! Good stuff.David, great outfit as well. Love the 40s/50s vibe of the front pic. That hat is gonna take you places So this is my photo contribution for today guest starring my daughter and a new-ish look for me! [[SPOILER]] I just got these ancient Yohji pants via Y! and unfortunately, the cleaners I use decided to wash them in the machine instead of following the drycleaning instructions. Anyway, it resulted in...
Beautiful David, just beautiful
When I say it was more affordable, what I mean is that the barriers (both financial and creative) to entry were lower. The gatekeepers were not as entrenched and there was just not as much money to be made in the business as there is now. Now that commercial concerns are so much more pronounced and the entire system seems to require a hell of a lot more money to remain in business, it is very difficult to just focus on being a "starving artist" as it were. Unless one is...
Man, that article is all kinds of depressing. I mean, one tends to discuss this death of originality and honesty in what I guess is considered "modern day" design and art etc. but to read it laid out in such a matter-of-fact way really brings it home.Nobody can afford to be creative for the sake of being creative and still have an impact any more. The costs of being seen are just too high. People like Yohji who worked their way up have the cache to put their ideas front...
I don't think this version of the video has been posted before on here. Full show for AW2010 4.1 The Men.
Huh...don't think I remember reading any interview like that diniro. I originally thought it might have been the one he did with Azzedine Alaia, but only a passing mention was made to something similar where Yohji said:You sure he was the one?
So many great Yohji-related pics and videos on Tumblr right now. Here are a few pictures along with a link to a Yohji Yamamoto satellite webpage linked to an exhibition I believe of Yohji in Berlin from the 25th - 28th of April in collaboration with (or sponsored by?) Audi. Has loads of exclusive content on there including photography by a photographer called Monica Carocci. Definitely worth checking out! CLICK
Yeah, this is something that I have personally been working on myself. There is an abstract concept of how I want to look and feel when I have clothing on and while Yohji is a great base for that, I don't think it will be possible to achieve it using just one brand alone. Unfortunately, not a lot of brands that I have access to and/or know about come even close to what I am looking for, lol. I am waiting on Aitor Throup's clothing to come out and see whether it will be a...
Wow, that is pretty cool! I really love how Yohji has worked with so many cool creative people in different industries and in different capacities. It is even more interesting since he is older so it also covers a different crowd from that that is usually explored by fashion designers these days. It's not just hip hop artists and sports personalities, we also get some kickass people like Sakamoto-san. I wonder what concert that was... Found these pictures showing the...