or Connect

Posts by Ivwri

Been a while! Hope the holiday season has been good to everyone and happy new year in advance . Deets Jan Jan Van Essche (cotton/linen/others) Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme (wool gaba) Burberry Prorsum (leather/rubber)
Some great points p4, but I also think that you may be giving Aitor more credit than he is worth (or maybe even asking for) in some respects. His quote about artists and designers is one of the things about his manufesto I wish he worded differently because to me, taken in context with other interviews he has given and how he works etc. he is obviously speaking only about himself (or at a stretch his team). His more "artistic" side comes up with an idea which he then puts...
If it is still available when I have the cash, I really want the veil jacket. Other than that, my wish list looks something like:One of the funeral suits (Ideally the trumpet suit for maximum volume in the pants ), a pair of the Mongolia trousers and tshirt in lighter fabrics, veil pocket with strap (if the ones on the jacket are not detachable) and another shiva bag.Will most likely wait until his spring collection before I even start thinking about any of those other...
This is one of the things that makes me really excited about his business model. The idea that a piece of clothing can be saved up for and purchased like picking up an Eames chair or some other expensive design object. That anxiety associated with looking at something you want and hoping it hits sales and gets into your price bracket is no longer there.H.Lorenzo's buy is live on their site right now and a lot of the pieces come in multiple sizes from what I can see so the...
Oh? When I had a look earlier in the week it said sold out. Maybe was a glitch as they get ready to go live with the collection. Yes, Shiva bag is the catch-all name for the smaller skull bags (as far as I am aware!) since the bags are from the "When Football Hooligans Become Hindu Gods" narrative. Apparently the price increase is to reflect the improvements made to the original released design and to ensure they make money since they apparently lost money on the first...
I was literally grinning like a Cheshire cat watching the video at the end of this link - http://www.style.com/stylefile/2013/10/aitor-throups-deeply-charged-art-is-coming-to-a-store-near-you/ It is like looking at something from the future. The aesthetic, the approach, the music even...sigh. On a related note, Shiva skull bag's already sold out on Railso.com.
Wow. Sick. Sick. Sick. I really like the changes to the shiva bag, I would definitely have been interested in picking it up in a different fabric, shame the price has basically more than doubled. Over on SZ, someone said that AT apparently lost money on the SS13 version and had to increase the prices for it to make sense for them. Pretty crazy. The rest of Rails' buy is here - http://www.railso.com/taxonomy/term/502/0?tid%5B%5D=848&sort-order=name There...
Yo.
It is an interesting point you raise to be honest. I am slowly trying to add a bit more colour into my wardrobe , but I think black is just easier to wear. Especially if most of the fabrics are from a similar family, lol. I do have quite a few gabardine pants, but I also have quite a bit of linen, ramie, ramie blends, nylon etc. fabrics and in fact I am truly more interested in picking up these fabrics with future purchases. As for the expectations of Westerners, I think...
Hi Jev and welcome to the thread .I do indeed have that shirt/jacket and as far as I know it came in two sizes for the wool gab version. 1 & 3. The 3 is what I have and I would recommend it for a size 3 and 4 with the 1 being for a size 1 & 2. wireartist tried mine on when he was in Lagos and it fit him really well I must say (he usually wears a 3). The one you posted looks like the cotton version I think. If you typically wear a Yohji 2, then definitely go for it. This...