or Connect

Posts by Ivwri

Gonna jump in with some poor quality iPhone shots SS08 Ramie/Rayon SS11 Cotton/Wool | Cotton AW11 100 gab SS09(?) leather Aitor Throup Archetype #001 wool | polyurethane
Caveat, I think that's just a bad pose, hehe. They looked amazing in the runway video and look pretty alright in the fit pic on the website itself. Will know for sure once I get them though. They came out just in time too, was about to finally give in and pick up a pair of Rick "pod shorts". Been looking for cropped pants with a sarouel-style drop for a while now and innate designer bias aside, these look better (and should work with more footwear). As for Eastern Market,...
Damn Guy, that looks amazing! Hat takes it to level 99 . I have been looking into Van Essche's clothing for a bit now as a possible brand that would mesh well with Yohji so this is an excellent enabler (albeit maybe a bit too warm for my weather probably, hehe). Damn, I really need to find a hat. Next time I am somewhere with proper shops I will make that my top priority . shah, I did pick them up from Atelier. As David would say, it is good to build up the relationship...
It was a little stiff actually, almost like a khaki if I remember correctly. Makes it a lot easier to wear the way it was styled on the runway in that shot for sure though, lol. Felt like it would soften with age and washing. If I had the option, I would have picked the grey over the cotton (even though the cotton ones are in my top three fave pairs of Yohji pants!) if that helps.EDIT - Finally picked up some SS13 pieces. Hopefully they get here next week.Sarouel rayon...
extra thumb up for bearded look . Still pissed I missed out on that SS12 coat on Y! a while back. Sigh. That the new suit? Looks great!Really like these pants. Got mine in a heavy cotton and was looking out for the 100 gab. Great pickup! The grey looked amazing as well. Saw it in Rue Cambon store, but they only had it in a size 2 then .
Yeah I tried it as a backpack as well . I find it is easier for me to wear it with a single strap right side up so I can reach the zipper without much manipulation of the body itself. Worn as a backpack makes it look pretty badass! Now I want the skull backpack, lol.
As promised. Better pics of the bag itself (thought I would still upload these since the black & pinstripe iteration is not readily available online to see) and me wearing it today. It comfortably carries my Olympus EP-2 and my wallet in the main compartment. The secondary compartment is suitable for keys or cash as I am using it for here. Two things make this a lot more wearable in my opinion than it looks at first glance. 1. The use of suiting wool is really an...
Hana-Bi is one of my favorite films ever. Looking forward to discussion .
Someone get on this!
Just received my Shiva skull bag from DSM (with help from dantebykiko ). First impressions mirror those of jwjp. Definitely very impressed. After all the anticipation, it is pretty remarkable that Aitor and his team could make something that lived up to the hype. I also like the fact that it looks handmade and not mass manufactured - the little brand label inside and the production number are the most obvious. It is a lot lighter than I thought it would be (which at the...