or Connect

Posts by Ivwri

lmao, to the dark side you must come. Yes!
Hmm, I don't really see it reedo. They do share some similarities in that both Aitor and Shinkawa use sketching as their primary artistic vehicle, but other than that, Shinkawa is primarily brush, Aitor is pencil, ink and marker. I also feel that a lot of Shinkawa's art is about mood and ambience and not necessarily the details or the human form as such. Much more similar to ukiyo-e print style work and of course the works of Yoshitaka Amano. His characters also lack the...
Pretty short and sweet Dazed Digital interview with Aitor Throup during the "LEGS" exhibition.AITOR THROUP SHOWS SOME LEGA retrospective of Throup's meticulously calculated trousers was presented in Paris for two days.Text: Nabil AzadiPhotography: Yang Wang
I keep torturing myself with images of the various suits from "Funeral of New Orleans". The Trumpet suit in particular is definitely my grail one because of the pants.I wonder whether he will only release the Saxophone iteration as that is what was shown during the AW13 show. Then again, A trumpet suit for SS14 would be glorious. [[SPOILER]]
Thought I would post a few more Aitor sketches.
I really like everything I have seen from the Regulation line. Thanks for posting these photos StevenE.Arche you make me wish I lived in a place that would justify owning one of those wraps, hehe.So many awesome pieces available for sale right now (and in my size!). Wonder whether everyone is gearing up for SS13 purchases . Wish I had some money right now actually, some pieces I would love to get from various peeps.Been messing about in this courtyard space in my office...
Great thoughts so far on Hana-Bi. Will hopefully make my own contribution later on today. I do think a lot of the issues noob had with it are pretty fair and could probably be applied to a lot of Kitano's movies. I am sure a lot of them are as a result of him basically working without a script or shot list on most of his films. Having said that, I do believe that a lot of the exposition seems to be a distinctly Japanese thing that I have seen crop up on a number of movies...
Loving that picture david, very "Yohji" in my opinion, hehe. Great to see you posting rudo, and like david said, now keep on posting :P. Very cool looking fit. Kiko, what size is that suit? Love the way it fits on you! I bemoan my utter inability to find anything in my size from SS00 . That extra stripe detail down the back elevates this to the next level. asobu, saw you post this over on SZ and would have sent you a strongly worded PM if you didn't post it on here as...
X-post
Not that I am aware of. To my knowledge the only retail releases under his own label have been - - the "Legs" retrospective/exhibitions in various stores around the world resulting in sales of pants from "Funeral for New Orleans" collection as well (Selfridges, Seven of New York, Darklands Berlin): Trumpet pants, anatomy pants, calf-pocket pants, not sure what else was available during this time period - Capsule collection with Dover Street Market: Stockwell denim...